By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

What's with all the numbers? o.o

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
What's with all the numbers? o.o

hatmoza's quotals, it shows how many times people have quoted one another. The theory is that mafia tend not to quote each other too much in order to avoid attention.

wow I had a very crazy day and then an even more crazy night/ two words lube wrestling.

and back to the game. of the knew things going on stefl's coming forward that he has a roles was rather surprising.
Radish voted for one of two people I an currently most suspicious of. I do wish he'd have put some more reasoning into it. I will add some reasons of my own soon.

profs quotals are interesting although there is a "wonk" column missing.

I'd have to say that the most interesting thing about the graph is wonk and stefl. They quote each person a very good number of times (barring ff and baal for lack of activity), and only quoted each other once.

Which is weird because these are the two whom I feel are most town.

Also, I'm curious to know why you were curious enough to point out that your column was missing. On a brief inspection, I'd say it's because you wanted to know who quoted you.
When I think about it, and I'm looking at the graph as a townie, (since I am one) I, in fact, did not look at my column or row even once.
Maybe you're just thorough, hell, there's a whole host of reasons you might have been interested to see who quoted you and maybe this is just paranoia talking, but I can't help but feel you wanted to see if your scummates quoted you or not.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
Linkzmax said:

Your lurking is generally a sign of mafia or vanilla townie, and since it's been brought up, the latter was ruled out with your first post of the day. I liked the post too, to use your words it's a bit crazy and made me think scum, which is why I haven't been after you. But the rational side of me says you could still be scum power trying to hide behind the fact that a kill still went through. And to come full circle the lurking plays on that feeling.

I'm not really getting all of your roleblocked arguments though. I was suspicious of you, so blocking you would make me scum, but also means I'm town?

-Well yes, it is tearing me apart... being suspicious of me and blocking me would normally make you town, on day one I facepalmed often enough because I have hinted to much at a power role... Well now that isn't really the problem here... the problem is that you are a good enough player to that you know who you want to use your powers on during the day even as scum, so you could have used the suspiciousness you claimed as a reason to target me if you were to be discovered...

The thing with the lurking... yeah, I was effectively lurking, but only because no one else was doing much of stuff, and I couldn't come up with stuff except then: Well here I am lurking... so at least that I become a active lurker instead of a passiv, or at least ignite a conversation about the low activity we had throughout day2 so far

I just reread all of your posts, and I don't see these hints that you're refering to. I saw you becoming inactive and using the excuse of waiting for MG's replacement.

Active lurking is the worst kind! Jeez... Though as bad as it may prove to be, you have sparked the most activity today, so well done.

radishhead said:
Vote: time limit

I'm tired of being the only one to do anything interesting ;P

I'm going to FoS Linkz for being really confident that I was town before I claimed, but that's just so that I have something to say tbh haha

I'm hurt buddy. You should know that I know you better than everyone else by now.

radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
radishhead said:
Nobody has mentioned Cave Johnson yet- probably my favourite Portal character- he could be Mafia too

What inspired you to bring him up?

ah, I was talking with RL friends about this Mafia round and asked them who they thought that the Mafia could be, and one suggested him

Who the heck makes this up as scum?!? My mind was essentially made up then and there, so all of the exaggerating of your behavior made no difference. I believe I said that only a damning scan on you would have swayed me otherwise.

And allow me to give you a lesson on traps:(I think you've been told this before, btw)

If you act scummy(and your "town tells" are appearing scummy) you're going to get suspicion and votes on you. This doesn't tell you anything about those people, because they are justified since you're acting scummy.

Stefl1504 said:
Final-Fan said:
Stefl, you've completely failed to explain why the Jailkeeper role was specifically named as an exception to your "Linkz must have been the blocker" hypothesis. That is, why would Linkz NOT have used the Jailkeeper role on you if you think he would have blocked you with any other blocking role?

Okay--- thinking about it... I think a jailkeeper should rather protect someone than use his ability to hinder an action taken... well a jailkeeper to me is more like a nerfed doc than an nerfed roleblocker... so I must I have thought of it how I would use the jailkeeper ability... I should rethink my postition on that... but I think a jailkeeper would use his ability in another way than a roleblocker, and I think linkz wouldn't have targeted me if he was a jailkeeper... simply, thats why I believe linkz isn't a jailkeeper and if there was a roleblocker, other than the jailkeeper, its him...

Sorry I did not get that you were asking for that specificaly...

We have a differing opinion on the Jailkeeper role. It is pretty much the best protection role since it offers a pro-town outcome regardless of who is targeted. Target town and they won't die.(though yes they'll lose their night action) Target scum and they can't use a night action.(though yes they can't be killed by vig or third party)

If you don't have a good idea who is likely town, non-power, and a probable kill target, then you wouldn't try to stop the kill directly by aiming for likely scum?

Linkzmax said:

I just reread all of your posts, and I don't see these hints that you're refering to. I saw you becoming inactive and using the excuse of waiting for MG's replacement.

Active lurking is the worst kind! Jeez... Though as bad as it may prove to be, you have sparked the most activity today, so well done.

Well, I was hoping to get some new info from Baalz, that I and others may have overlooked... so I really did wait for him to bring something up to discuss, and I was fearing that activity could influence what he has read... well, bummer, he didn't so I went for "end the day" which then was blindly (or unknowingly) carried out by radish...

Well yes, without activity, how should we ever get new information... The problem I see for now that all is a bit too focusey on me^^ though prof brought in wonk to the equation... which I don't really dislike, because I actually would like to get to know more about wonk... while he is second to radish on my townread list, that is mostly due to him not catching my eye... the only problem I have is prof implying that I and wonk are scum since I don't really know about wonks alignment and my is surely not to be scum... well but it true that I and wonk did not quote each other, which is the only thing exceptional on the whole quotals... well like prof said, both of us have made a 'huge' amount of quotes  and where quoted pretty often, but one another we only quoted once. Somehow me and prof also didn't quote each other very often (though more often than wonk and I), so going solely by that prof and I should also be a possible scum solution, tough I personally know I drop out again...

Well, I, yeah I get were you coming from with the whole jailkeeper argument... well like I already said I have to rethink about the jailkeeper role and how I would really act, tough I have to agree that when I think I have the ability to rescue someone/stop scum by using the power I would do so, unless I am going to play the doc gamble with scum (you know when you are beting on scum not having the guts to hit the target) specially when I know there target is a power role, since then I probably could give the person another use of his ability...

Would you mind pointing out some of the hints you think you dropped? Unless you think they'd give away the type of role you have.

Well a power claim in the open is different from the circumstances going into night one.