By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Linkzmax said:
Stefl1504 said:
Linkzmax said:
I can only remember one or two times(not sure if it was two different games or only one) when I quickly thought you were town. You've just admitted to lurking so that goes against the behavior of the one time. And I don't want to give away the tell so you can use it in future games, but there's something I don't think you'd ever do as scum. If you had done it this game I'd be putting you as town again.

Haha... I can only think of acting like a crazy bitch... well, yes, I am lurking, but so is the other ~80% of the remaining players, the problem is that with nobody posting there is nothing to post on and so we enter a vicious circle... also let me tell you that fortuna is on the side of the scum team... and thats one thing I hate.

Your lurking is generally a sign of mafia or vanilla townie, and since it's been brought up, the latter was ruled out with your first post of the day. I liked the post too, to use your words it's a bit crazy and made me think scum, which is why I haven't been after you. But the rational side of me says you could still be scum power trying to hide behind the fact that a kill still went through. And to come full circle the lurking plays on that feeling.

I'm not really getting all of your roleblocked arguments though. I was suspicious of you, so blocking you would make me scum, but also means I'm town?

-Well yes, it is tearing me apart... being suspicious of me and blocking me would normally make you town, on day one I facepalmed often enough because I have hinted to much at a power role... Well now that isn't really the problem here... the problem is that you are a good enough player to that you know who you want to use your powers on during the day even as scum, so you could have used the suspiciousness you claimed as a reason to target me if you were to be discovered...

The thing with the lurking... yeah, I was effectively lurking, but only because no one else was doing much of stuff, and I couldn't come up with stuff except then: Well here I am lurking... so at least that I become a active lurker instead of a passiv, or at least ignite a conversation about the low activity we had throughout day2 so far

Around the Network

Vote: time limit

I'm tired of being the only one to do anything interesting ;P

I'm going to FoS Linkz for being really confident that I was town before I claimed, but that's just so that I have something to say tbh haha

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

I'm going to FoS Linkz for being really confident that I was town before I claimed, but that's just so that I have something to say tbh haha

Well a time limit does not help us at all... are you even trying to do anything now that you are confirmed?

Stefl1504 said:
radishhead said:

Well a time limit does not help us at all... are you even trying to do anything now that you are confirmed?

Time limit encourages decision making - sometimes it's best to go with your gut instincts in Mafia; they're often right. On that note, I'm going to

Vote Linkz

I'll try and find some evidence to support my vote later

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

Time limit encourages decision making - sometimes it's best to go with your gut instincts in Mafia; they're often right. On that note, I'm going to

Vote Linkz

bold move. Besides evidence, can you explain your gut feelings?

Around the Network

Votals

Votes for:

NoCtiS_NoX: Linkzmax,
Linkzmax: radishhead

Non-voters: Everyone but radishhead

Player L-4 L-3 L-2 L-1 Testing chamber time
NoCtiS_NoX          
Linkzmax radishhead        

Chronology:

Linkzmax                 votes for           NoCtiS_NoX
Linkzmax                 unvotes             NoCtiS_NoX
radishhead              votes for           Linkzmax

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:
radishhead said:

Vote Linkz

bold move. Besides evidence, can you explain your gut feelings?

I admit that earlier in the game I was acting out an exaggurated version of my normal "town tells" to see what the reaction would be - the way that Linkz responded to this was really interesting; repeatedly insisting that I must be town, while other players were saying that they thought that I'd have changed during all my rounds playing Mafia. It just felt like Linkz already knew my alignment, and so was willing to go all in with the whole "radish is town" thing - I'm probably completely wrong though 

Watch me on YouTube!

Stefl, you've completely failed to explain why the Jailkeeper role was specifically named as an exception to your "Linkz must have been the blocker" hypothesis. That is, why would Linkz NOT have used the Jailkeeper role on you if you think he would have blocked you with any other blocking role?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Stefl, you've completely failed to explain why the Jailkeeper role was specifically named as an exception to your "Linkz must have been the blocker" hypothesis. That is, why would Linkz NOT have used the Jailkeeper role on you if you think he would have blocked you with any other blocking role?

Okay--- thinking about it... I think a jailkeeper should rather protect someone than use his ability to hinder an action taken... well a jailkeeper to me is more like a nerfed doc than an nerfed roleblocker... so I must I have thought of it how I would use the jailkeeper ability... I should rethink my postition on that... but I think a jailkeeper would use his ability in another way than a roleblocker, and I think linkz wouldn't have targeted me if he was a jailkeeper... simply, thats why I believe linkz isn't a jailkeeper and if there was a roleblocker, other than the jailkeeper, its him...

Sorry I did not get that you were asking for that specificaly...

ff linkz baal (mg) moreno noc prof radish spurge stefl wonk
ff XX 1 1     11       1
linkz 1

XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

11111 1

baal (mg) 1  

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

1       1 1  
moreno   1  

XXXXX