By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Haha, good to hear it GLaDOS

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
Haha, good to hear it GLaDOS

I think you meant GLaTOS

spurgeonryan said:
theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:
I think that his claim of homeless test subject is possible. I don't think with how familiar he is with portal he would fakeclaim a human that isn't named. With all the cores there are in the game claiming machine would be safer. Even claiming other would be safer.

I have tried to look as his contradictions of opinions between discussing scum possibilities and then not wanting to even category claim as a scum and as town.

As scum I guess if his name is accurate he could hope to get someone who is named lynched down the line, or maybe find possible power roles although if the town had consensus on roles that would be power or scum I doubt people would come forward at all latter. Then why such a strong flip? Did his opinion flip based on your earlier assertion and he just want to follow along? So if he was thinking it wold be the popular option Then why wait until the end to come forward? because he wasn't a named character? It's not like homeless test subject screams scum.

As town I see him trying to come up with a way to potentially catch scum. I see him then reading your post about the role discussion and then realizing that maybe even the character type might be too much and thus not wanting it.

Since then his run down with prof they both made some bad points. I can easily see a person having a theory on a bad foundation and arguing it to be true, I have done it before especially with prof. I can more easily see him a a townie with an odd roll getting flustered with his theories than as a scum.

However.

I was hoping he would either make some of these points I made, or at least start being useful as a townie. Since I have made some points that could be his defense now I won't really believe him if he says it's the case. He has had more than enough time to make a case for himself and or against someone else. He has instead decided to lurk.

Unvote

Vote: Morenoingato

Not sure I understand why you're voting for moreno here, despite how much argument you put up for him during the day, and despite some good reasoning as to his credibility now.

I've been doing some thinking about moreno and there's been some unanswerable, well, semi-unanswerable questions that have arisen. First:

Why did he claim to be a human? He was the very last person to claim. He must know the setup of portal and know that there's only 4 human characters. Waiting until the end gives the impression that he was waiting until the very end to see what everyone else had claimed. Given this motive, why draw attention to himself by claiming to be a fifth human? He thought he could get away with it? Wasn't paying attention? Laziness? And then why claim to be unnamed?

I can only imagine that the reason is because he is vanilla, and from his point of view, unnamed would logically mean vanilla, and given that most games are vanilla with a few roles, then there should have been at least one other unnamed. I don't think this is the case, though, it's likely that named characters are vanilla as well.

Given the input from everyone so far, I don't think there are any "unnamed" machines out there either.

Conversely, being who he says he is, is not evidence that he isn't mafia and he could potentially be a vanilla mafia thinking that there would be other vanilla unnamed townies.

In conclusion though, I think moreno may be a vanilla townie. I've been thinking about what to do with him, and honestly, I'd like to see him get some more experience. I'm thinking that a better vote may be for MG.

Final-Fan  unsure leaning scum

Linkzmax  unsure leaning scum

MetalGear_94  no idea

morenoingrato  no idea

Noctis_nox  leaning town

theProf00          
Radishhead  leaning town

spurgeonryan
 leaning town

stefl1504  strong town read

wonktonodi

Wonk: no idea

So, between the 4 i'd be willing to lynch:

wonk, ff, linkz, mg, (barring moreno for now)

The first three are major contributors, so it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who is scum through dialogue.
I think MG is the most attractive lynch, imo.

vote: MG

I did not follow the beginning as must as the last 100 or so posts. Why are you leaning towards Linkz as scum?

Just a feeling, I must admit.

I'm certainly not leaning toward scum as much as the others. Although, if moreno were to be cleared, I have the feeling that Linkz may be more culpable than I once thought.

mafia deist, lol. I'm glad MG is probably getting replaced, because I would hate to see us move away from a person who was that suspicious AND seemingly abandoned the game.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wonktonodi said:
I think that his claim of homeless test subject is possible. I don't think with how familiar he is with portal he would fakeclaim a human that isn't named. With all the cores there are in the game claiming machine would be safer. Even claiming other would be safer.

I have tried to look as his contradictions of opinions between discussing scum possibilities and then not wanting to even category claim as a scum and as town.

As scum I guess if his name is accurate he could hope to get someone who is named lynched down the line, or maybe find possible power roles although if the town had consensus on roles that would be power or scum I doubt people would come forward at all latter. Then why such a strong flip? Did his opinion flip based on your earlier assertion and he just want to follow along? So if he was thinking it wold be the popular option Then why wait until the end to come forward? because he wasn't a named character? It's not like homeless test subject screams scum.

As town I see him trying to come up with a way to potentially catch scum. I see him then reading your post about the role discussion and then realizing that maybe even the character type might be too much and thus not wanting it.

Since then his run down with prof they both made some bad points. I can easily see a person having a theory on a bad foundation and arguing it to be true, I have done it before especially with prof. I can more easily see him a a townie with an odd roll getting flustered with his theories than as a scum.

However.

I was hoping he would either make some of these points I made, or at least start being useful as a townie. Since I have made some points that could be his defense now I won't really believe him if he says it's the case. He has had more than enough time to make a case for himself and or against someone else. He has instead decided to lurk.

Unvote

Vote: Morenoingato

@Bold: So we'd have another Stefl? The problem with that theory in my mind is that having no name as he puts it and thinking that others have no name; there would be zero reason to caution against typeclaims while mentioning how few characters there are.

I think it was FF that said I consider the claim itself as evidence against moreno. That's not the case. I think it's fake given the circumstances, but by itself I have no issue with it.

I think his interaction with prof is the only good thing he had going for him. THAT behavior does fit his claim and thinking everyone else would also be unnamed. It was illogical for a different reason(compared to behavior leading up to the claim) as I pointed out, but that wasn't scummy to me.

Anyway, glad you've relieved some of my doubts. It's still not a good enough explanation to me, but it seems like an honest effort to analyze it from both angles.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I can only imagine that the reason is because he is vanilla, and from his point of view, unnamed would logically mean vanilla, and given that most games are vanilla with a few roles, then there should have been at least one other unnamed. I don't think this is the case, though, it's likely that named characters are vanilla as well.

So, between the 4 i'd be willing to lynch:

wonk, ff, linkz, mg, (barring moreno for now)

The first three are major contributors, so it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who is scum through dialogue.
I think MG is the most attractive lynch, imo.

Your theory does not fit with his words. It's clear he means all non-mafia humans would be not be actual characters.

Are you really calling FF a major contributor?

theprof00 said:
spurgeonryan said:

I did not follow the beginning as must as the last 100 or so posts. Why are you leaning towards Linkz as scum?

I'm certainly not leaning toward scum as much as the others. Although, if moreno were to be cleared, I have the feeling that Linkz may be more culpable than I once thought.

What does this mean? Are you talking about the lynch, flipping/being "confirmed" innocent, or something else? I think I know, but I want to be sure you're actually saying it now.

Linkzmax said:
theprof00 said:
spurgeonryan said:

What does this mean? Are you talking about the lynch, flipping/being "confirmed" innocent, or something else? I think I know, but I want to be sure you're actually saying it now.

I was actually hoping killed at night, so as not to waste a lynch.

And ff is a major contributor, maybe not this game so far, but he definitely crontributes more than others.

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

I was actually hoping killed at night, so as not to waste a lynch.

And ff is a major contributor, maybe not this game so far, but he definitely crontributes more than others.

...Not sure if serious. You think moreno being killed at night and flipping town condemns me?

Okay, I thought you meant in this game. Fair enough

Oh, you were asking about you.
Well, like I said, I don't really have any proof and my vague feeling that you're scum would be bolstered if he flipped town.
I don't see any reason why you would want to argue this or dissuade me...