By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

Okay, so not 'very good' that's all I wanted to know.

I'll have to disagree with you on the length of the game mattering at all here. This is like forgetting that you're Town really.

There is only ever one "very good" on day one

at the bolded why does you saying this bother me so much? hmmm....

I feel 'very good' about radish. :p

Why would that bother you? moreno made posts that should never have occured from the mindset of someone without a named character. It's like he had forgotten that when he made them.

wow you didn't even see it after I pointed it out to gice you a chance to look at it. What have you been hounding sprugeon about? Posts that you say he says someone is town where he shouldn't know it. You sometimes are digging deap and reaching to make that point. Look at yours. In sentence 2 you say I'll have to disagree with "you" the you being me. The next sencetence forgetting that "you're town.  The only way that sentence gramatically makes sence if if you are saying by talking about the length of the games I'm forgetting that I am town.  The you of the third senctence could only be refering to me.  By it reffering to me you're assuming I'm town so that I could forget being town. Something you shoudn't know unless mafia.

You didn't word it it's like when a player forgets he's town. You didn't word it to make it clear you were meaning moreno at all.

Lol

Length of the game is meaningless "here", as in the case against moreno. What is important is forgetting something from a role PM, "like forgetting you're Town." It doesn't have to be you specifically(yes I meant any player by it) nor does it have to be in this game. I don't know you're town here and you don't even have to be for it to still be true. If anyone claims something that completely goes against their behavior then it's the issue. It matters not if the lead-up is hours or months.

Around the Network

spurgeonryan said:
I agree, you have gotten a bad rap from me.

1.We are on post number 300 and something though, and we are still talking about the town issue. To me that is crusade. I do not mean from other games, I am just talking about this one.

2.1 Should I not defend myself? How should one act in a mafia game? Do not be confused I agree with you on many things NoCtis. I can honestly tell you that I did not mean that I know you are town. After finding out that lying is a sin in the last game you can take that into consideration on whether I am lying now. But I am telling you I just thought I noticed something.

2.2 If you would like to drop this subject I will drop the vote.

2.3 There must be some trust and distrust in a mafia game I think. At some point you need to trust someone, so that you can work together.

What do you say?

1. Actually you are the only one clinging onto it. I am asking you where is the crusade thing? where are the posts that I keep hounding you with the townie thing? Where are those post?

2. Bold 1: You see I am not even asking you for that anymore. You completely miss my point. I think I should make it more clearer. I think you are being paranoid  just like stefl said and here you are accusing me of latching onto things. 

bold 2: Wow, you think I am scum then you should pursue it. Then why did you even vote me in the first place? Just to let me drop the subject that I am not even pursuing anymore? I told you I am not even pressuring you.

bold 3: You should never trust anybody especially if you are a town. 

Question, are clearly reading all my post so far?? I am now under the impression that you aren't.

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

" That Was a pretty scummy thing to do Prof. What if the guy got freaked out by what you said and ended up saying something stupid and get even more attention on him? Assuming he is town, you would have sabotaged a town player by your trickery. Or do you think that is just how it goes? "

First sentence is obvious. The implication of the second is obvious, though given radish's alignment was unknown it's altogether meaningless. Third, if your comprehension is assumed, means town wouldn't want to sabotage town, thus prof is scum. Fourth then makes it a less strong accusation, so it must be directed at a possible town prof. However, town prof wouldn't know radish is town thus the rest of the post falls apart.

It really only made sense if it's a manipulative post directed at a town prof. And then spurge says he's already learned that prof is willing to give up a fellow townie...

the 4th sentence starts with Or as in bringing up a new possibility or answering the question for prof.

"You are really cool. I had a great time last night.  Do you want to do x, y and z with me? or do you not want to see me again?"

Have to disagree with your example since the question doesn't actually change anything from the statement. It's like

"If x, then y will occur. Or do you think y will just occur because of x?"

Whatever, it's useless to argue over this. You're not even acknowledging what spurge said after the fact, which makes the whole line of questioning moot.

you mean when he talked about how prof playes in general? or are you really going to reach that much from his post?

I'll meet you in the middle. It wasn't accusationy nor was it manipulatively. It may have been trying to have prof say something that spurge already knew about him. So I'll file it as non-content then.(No, I don't keep potals anymore, just making a point about it)

Linkzmax said:

Did you find it? Pretty sure I was the one to point it out to spurge a round or two ago.

In order for mafia to be the informed minority, by nature they must know who each other are off the bat. And spurge they still get lynched day one sometimes for various reasons.

Yup I found it. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4373198

"truce" lol

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Wonktonodi said:

when did he ever have FIVE votes?

Sorry it was L-2

linkz, stefl, prof, ff

stefl said it was l-1 up teh page and I too it for fact since votals are few and far between (not many votes though either).

Again, when did you think you were going to share this? Why are you avoiding answering. Two votes could've come in, likely from lurkers who might be afk for a while and then returning to think moreno is extremely suspicious. Happens all the time. Even radish is known to arbitrarily plunk down a hammer without even knowing what the totals are.

I think you're avoiding the question.

I think you're making far too much of an issue out of this. It's obvious when Wonk should reveal his ideas, and he's demonstrated he knows this too. You'll have a point if day two comes without any sharing from Wonk. That's all, I know if I argue this any further I'm going to spell out far too much.

Just checking ij by phone to say that i dont think either spurge or noc are mafia with theway theyve been chatting.

So hummm... Moreno has been silent for a day now... has he given up?

Also seriously, what should we do about MG... if he does not post how are we supposed to ever get a read of him... I have to say that I am willing to lynch him instead of moreno (if moreno reappeares), just because MG could be a huge distraction later on as a lurker and he could very well be mafia too...

spurgeonryan said:
Stefl1504 said:
So hummm... Moreno has been silent for a day now... has he given up?

Also seriously, what should we do about MG... if he does not post how are we supposed to ever get a read of him... I have to say that I am willing to lynch him instead of moreno (if moreno reappeares), just because MG could be a huge distraction later on as a lurker and he could very well be mafia too...

Mafia lurker you say? So basically he stays quiet until night so he can surive then he causes havok with whatever evil power he has?

I agree, he needs to say something. Before anyone missunderstands me, I mean he needs to say more than what he has already said.

Well, he does not need to be Mafia (and how should I judge him when he has not even posted anything in a loooong time), but I haven't seen him in ages... it is just that he could very well be a Mafia-Lurker^^

Lurking is not always a sign of being mafia, but, it is important to address lurkers because if we leave them alone, mafia just have to take out the talkers and the place will become silent. This was one of the reasons for town loss last game.