By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

spurgeonryan said:
I am not being defensive. Just explaining my self. If anything sounds defensive it was me asking you the questions which you just answered. As for my stefl comments I am wondering how my questioning is different than others. I would say the only difference is that I do not have a huge list of quotes and links.

Have you even looked at the post I linked?

@ noctis

Maybe I should have been clearer... (or you just didn't read thorougly) but the question "Did Links suspect you at one point?" was a direct quote from what spurge wrote...  to find in the linked post I reffered to in my post... and no I am not going to start a linkfest - just go look back yourself >:-/

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
How would mafia know who town are if it is not even night time yet? Am I right. There are no tricks in this game other than what Mr. Mod told us. So would that not mean that it is a regular game and Mafia have got to wait till night time to talk? So there is your answer. Also I did not say you were town, just felt like town. FELT. :)
That smiley face was so you know I was still not being defensive, just putting emphasis on the felt.

Mafia do ussually know each other even if they haven't had the time to talk at night... but it is up to the mod... so you are making no point there...

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
On the other hand, prof seemed to claim that moreno's unnamed test subject claim is bogus, which is odd since moreno would have to be crazy to claim all humans are unnamed if his own character was not an unnamed human, especially if he was mafia. It would get too much negative attention if he guessed wrong and I don't even see the benefit to making that kind of claim about other people's characters if he didn't believe it. So although I'm suspicious of moreno, I am inclined to believe his character claim. (Oh, looks like people agree with me.) 

I fail to see how "Homeless Test Subject" makes him town even if it is true. That's where I disagree with radish/Wonk. Still lean desperate fakeclaim that he was forced into based on the OP though.

It doesn't, of course; it just means I think (unlike you apparently) that it's NOT further ammunition against him. 

So why'd he get defensive about it being called out as nameless?

I am sure there has never been a game on VGC where the mafia didn't know who each other were from the start of the game. The quicktopic is a relatively new wrinkle, as is talking during the day (which has been true of most/all of the last few games for mafia), but they AT LEAST were informed of each other's identities, guaranteed.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
On the other hand, prof seemed to claim that moreno's unnamed test subject claim is bogus, which is odd since moreno would have to be crazy to claim all humans are unnamed if his own character was not an unnamed human, especially if he was mafia. It would get too much negative attention if he guessed wrong and I don't even see the benefit to making that kind of claim about other people's characters if he didn't believe it. So although I'm suspicious of moreno, I am inclined to believe his character claim. (Oh, looks like people agree with me.) 

I fail to see how "Homeless Test Subject" makes him town even if it is true. That's where I disagree with radish/Wonk. Still lean desperate fakeclaim that he was forced into based on the OP though.

It doesn't, of course; it just means I think (unlike you apparently) that it's NOT further ammunition against him. 

So why'd he get defensive about it being called out as nameless?

I don't know, but like I said, I just think that it would be too risky with no payoff that I can see to make the kind of claim he did about people's names if he didn't think it was true. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
I am sure there has never been a game on VGC where the mafia didn't know who each other were from the start of the game. The quicktopic is a relatively new wrinkle, as is talking during the day (which has been true of most/all of the last few games for mafia), but they AT LEAST were informed of each other's identities, guaranteed.

I did not allow Mafia to talk during the day in my Suikoden game^^

@ Spurge

That isn't a made up rule or something it is just one way a mod can handle the game.

Stefl1504 said:

Have you even looked at the post I linked?

@ noctis

Maybe I should have been clearer... (or you just didn't read thorougly) but the question "Did Links suspect you at one point?" was a direct quote from what spurge wrote...  to find in the linked post I reffered to in my post... and no I am not going to start a linkfest - just go look back yourself >:-/

No, no it's clear I just got confused. I already cleared that up with my previous post.

Anyways forget about it's kinda embarassing. XD lolol.

spurgeonryan said:

What? I was always told it was at night that they can talk, even the wiki says it. You people and your rule changing every other game!!!

Ok, thanks.

No, the rules didn't change.  A mod will sent you a pm with the names of your mafia buddies.

I remember someone already told you that. It's not here in this round but the other rounds. I can't remember it so I am going to look for it to make sure.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
spurgeonryan said:

What? I was always told it was at night that they can talk, even the wiki says it. You people and your rule changing every other game!!!

Ok, thanks.

No, the rules didn't change.  A mod will sent you a pm with the names of your mafia buddies.

I remember someone already told you that. It's not here in this round but the other rounds. I can't remember fully it so I am going to look for it to make sure.

EBWOP

*Added fully.

spurgeonryan said:

Can you explain my vote away?

Going on a personal revenge trip like this isn't going to get you anywhere except to the testing chamber...

To the quoted question... You want us to explain your vote or is there a misunderstanding?