By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

I know your suspects and I'm not interested in a complete list. I want to know the opposite here, how good do you feel about moreno.

The first two posts were fairly close. The unnamed revelation and claim came days later.

Good, I hope you will share it at some point then.

I feel good enough about him that I didn't Vote for him, HOS him or FOS him.

Mafia games can last for weeks or over a month. So when you make as many mistakes he has made in a few real life days it's too short a time.

I do plan on sharing at some point.

Okay, so not 'very good' that's all I wanted to know.

I'll have to disagree with you on the length of the game mattering at all here. This is like forgetting that you're Town really.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
spurgeonryan said:
Sure there is a point. I want to see what his answer is. I do not know Prof as well as you guys. Hardly knew him until I started playing mafia. Same with most in this thread actually. Other than a few members. I have seen a lot of analyzing from him, now I would like to see his stance. I already know he is willing to sacrifice a fellow towny for the good of the team, and that he is a great player. Now I want to learn more.

Why is wonktonodi so adamant about making sure you guys knew what I was saying? Is he trying to promote chaos on the first day? Or is there another reason.

How do you know he is willing to sacrifice a fellow towny? Who is this towny you're speaking of?

I'm not sure why that is. He's okay with letting moreno defend himself, but is reaching for you. Not sure how that promote's chaos though, can you explain that?

There is a big difference between reading the same post differently then pointing that out and putting up a defence for someones contraditions.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4444745 This is pointing out a difference in comprehension.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4444760 This is defending a contradiction. You made up a reason for spurge.

What is the contradiction I am defending? You didn't comprehend the logic in what he posted. I gave you the logic that explained how I comprehended his post differently.

Linkz if someone town or scum makes many mistakes in a short period of time they are more likely to be lynched than someone who does it much more spread out in the game.

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

So the goal was just to push a small notion into everyone's mind? Yeah that makes me feel much better

you mean like when you asked why you feel like you are being used by prof?

You mean like after I already said prof was one of my main suspects?

one of your main suspects who just made a point about spurge that I dont think is acurate yet you agree with.....

Also to add a bit spurges post explained why he though prof was scummy and asked him some questions even if they made the accusation less strong. Yours didn't have any explanatin or change in behavios towards moren. If anything it seems like you are just trying to distance yourself from the resutls of the lynch and setting up prof for tomorrow.

Wonktonodi said:

Linkzmax said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4444745 This is pointing out a difference in comprehension.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4444760 This is defending a contradiction. You made up a reason for spurge.

What is the contradiction I am defending? You didn't comprehend the logic in what he posted. I gave you the logic that explained how I comprehended his post differently.

" That Was a pretty scummy thing to do Prof. What if the guy got freaked out by what you said and ended up saying something stupid and get even more attention on him? Assuming he is town, you would have sabotaged a town player by your trickery. Or do you think that is just how it goes? "

First sentence is obvious. The implication of the second is obvious, though given radish's alignment was unknown it's altogether meaningless. Third, if your comprehension is assumed, means town wouldn't want to sabotage town, thus prof is scum. Fourth then makes it a less strong accusation, so it must be directed at a possible town prof. However, town prof wouldn't know radish is town thus the rest of the post falls apart.

It really only made sense if it's a manipulative post directed at a town prof. And then spurge says he's already learned that prof is willing to give up a fellow townie...

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

I know your suspects and I'm not interested in a complete list. I want to know the opposite here, how good do you feel about moreno.

The first two posts were fairly close. The unnamed revelation and claim came days later.

Good, I hope you will share it at some point then.

I feel good enough about him that I didn't Vote for him, HOS him or FOS him.

Mafia games can last for weeks or over a month. So when you make as many mistakes he has made in a few real life days it's too short a time.

I do plan on sharing at some point.

I'll have to disagree with you on the length of the game mattering at all here. This is like forgetting that you're Town really.

There is only ever one "very good" on day one

at the bolded why does you saying this bother me so much? hmmm....

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:

Linkzmax said:

" That Was a pretty scummy thing to do Prof. What if the guy got freaked out by what you said and ended up saying something stupid and get even more attention on him? Assuming he is town, you would have sabotaged a town player by your trickery. Or do you think that is just how it goes? "

First sentence is obvious. The implication of the second is obvious, though given radish's alignment was unknown it's altogether meaningless. Third, if your comprehension is assumed, means town wouldn't want to sabotage town, thus prof is scum. Fourth then makes it a less strong accusation, so it must be directed at a possible town prof. However, town prof wouldn't know radish is town thus the rest of the post falls apart.

It really only made sense if it's a manipulative post directed at a town prof. And then spurge says he's already learned that prof is willing to give up a fellow townie...

the 4th sentence starts with Or as in bringing up a new possibility or answering the question for prof.

"You are really cool. I had a great time last night.  Do you want to do x, y and z with me? or do you not want to see me again?"

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

So the goal was just to push a small notion into everyone's mind? Yeah that makes me feel much better

you mean like when you asked why you feel like you are being used by prof?

You mean like after I already said prof was one of my main suspects?

one of your main suspects who just made a point about spurge that I dont think is acurate yet you agree with.....

Also to add a bit spurges post explained why he though prof was scummy and asked him some questions even if they made the accusation less strong. Yours didn't have any explanatin or change in behavios towards moren. If anything it seems like you are just trying to distance yourself from the resutls of the lynch and setting up prof for tomorrow.

The worrisome bit to me at the time was "but you picking up the pace says town to me (if he actually does turn up mafia)", felt like setting ME up for a lynch tomorrow.(Sure the contra-positive isn't explicit) And yet here I am with my vote still on moreno even though prof(and Stefl's for that matter) are also there. If I thought moreno to be town then I'd have unvoted and it would be on Stefl or prof instead. 

I'm more inclined to think prof gave up on moreno(as scummates) and used me to also make himself look better than I am to think he used me for a mislynch. It's also possible I'm wrong on him and he's town as well.

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

There is only ever one "very good" on day one

at the bolded why does you saying this bother me so much? hmmm....

I feel 'very good' about radish. :p

Why would that bother you? moreno made posts that should never have occured from the mindset of someone without a named character. It's like he had forgotten that when he made them.

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

the 4th sentence starts with Or as in bringing up a new possibility or answering the question for prof.

"You are really cool. I had a great time last night.  Do you want to do x, y and z with me? or do you not want to see me again?"

Have to disagree with your example since the question doesn't actually change anything from the statement. It's like

"If x, then y will occur. Or do you think y will just occur because of x?"

Whatever, it's useless to argue over this. You're not even acknowledging what spurge said after the fact, which makes the whole line of questioning moot.