By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
radishhead said:

So you agree with me that he's probably not mafia? Why are you still pressuring him then? 

I would try to stall my name/roleclaim too if I could - it doesn't look that suspicious to me. I do agree that his behaviour before he claimed was odd, but we can hardly lynch him for that. 

I'm not trying to stop all lynches- I just think we're going about this the wrong way

I am pressuing him to prove he's town to everyone, by participating and not just give up.  If he's just going to give up we might as well lynch him since I doubt any scum would find a need to get rid ofhim.

If you thinki people are doing it wrong don't just tell them they are doing it wrong show them how to do it right. However if you think right is waiting for bodies and investigations I strongly diagree.

This strikes me oddly. I don't think you've given an opinion on moreno yourself. I know what moreno has to do to best shed the votes,(part of which seems impossible to me) but you're giving off the sense you think he is town. As a major voice, you could defend him yourself, yet you aren't. Why?

I don't really think he is scum. I think he's a towny who's made to many mistakes in too short a time. I do not defend him though because if he is incapable of explaining his mistakes, I won't give him my possible thoughts on what's going on for him.  I will not make points for him because if he's town and cares he should easily be able to make them himself.

Around the Network

prof, linkz I disagree with how the two of you are reading spurgeons post. First he starts out very clearly saying that it was a scummy thing to do.
Second saying trickery is very much something scum do.
You guys seem to be reading likes he's saying "how can you do this? you are town!"
I read it more likes he's saying "how could a Towny do this? Maybe you are scum.

spurgeonryan said:
That Was a pretty scummy thing to do Prof. What if the guy got freaked out by what you said and ended up saying something stupid and get even more attention on him? Assuming he is town, you would have sabotaged a town player by your trickery. Or do you think that is just how it goes?

This is what makes prof's assertion more logical than yours Wonk. There's no point in asking this if it's saying prof is scummy throughout.

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

This strikes me oddly. I don't think you've given an opinion on moreno yourself. I know what moreno has to do to best shed the votes,(part of which seems impossible to me) but you're giving off the sense you think he is town. As a major voice, you could defend him yourself, yet you aren't. Why?

I don't really think he is scum. I think he's a towny who's made to many mistakes in too short a time. I do not defend him though because if he is incapable of explaining his mistakes, I won't give him my possible thoughts on what's going on for him.  I will not make points for him because if he's town and cares he should easily be able to make them himself.

So you aren't convinced he's town either? If you had to rank everyone, where would he fall in terms of towniness?(or scuminess if you'd rather work that way)

I don't think the timeframe was very short at all, but no matter. You have ideas as to possible explanations?

Linkzmax said:
spurgeonryan said:
That Was a pretty scummy thing to do Prof. What if the guy got freaked out by what you said and ended up saying something stupid and get even more attention on him? Assuming he is town, you would have sabotaged a town player by your trickery. Or do you think that is just how it goes?

This is what makes prof's assertion more logical than yours Wonk. There's no point in asking this if it's saying prof is scummy throughout.

Sure there was to make it a less strong accusation.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
radishhead said:

Excuse me for my rudeness: are you here to play or observe?

I thought I'd made some valid contributions :(

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
spurgeonryan said:

So the goal was just to push a small notion into everyone's mind? Yeah that makes me feel much better

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:

So you aren't convinced he's town either? If you had to rank everyone, where would he fall in terms of towniness?(or scuminess if you'd rather work that way)

I don't think the timeframe was very short at all, but no matter. You have ideas as to possible explanations?

I have aleady ranked 4 people this game. Since I don't count my FOS on you. That should give you some idea.

It's still in day one and there wasn't that much time between his various mistakes.

I do and I nearly posted it but instead just saved the text of that post for what should be obvious reasons.

spurgeonryan said:
Sure there is a point. I want to see what his answer is. I do not know Prof as well as you guys. Hardly knew him until I started playing mafia. Same with most in this thread actually. Other than a few members. I have seen a lot of analyzing from him, now I would like to see his stance. I already know he is willing to sacrifice a fellow towny for the good of the team, and that he is a great player. Now I want to learn more.

Why is wonktonodi so adamant about making sure you guys knew what I was saying? Is he trying to promote chaos on the first day? Or is there another reason.

How do you know he is willing to sacrifice a fellow towny? Who is this towny you're speaking of?

I'm not sure why that is. He's okay with letting moreno defend himself, but is reaching for you. Not sure how that promote's chaos though, can you explain that?

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
Linkzmax said:
spurgeonryan said:

So the goal was just to push a small notion into everyone's mind? Yeah that makes me feel much better

you mean like when you asked why you feel like you are being used by prof?