By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

radishhead said:
this is probably a bit too much like mind games for what I normally do, but I don't think that a mafia would ever roleclaim "Test Subject #XXX" - it's just too dangerous; I think it's very likely that this is a genuine roleclaim

yes radish , I agree on the claim, however his behavior before he finally claimed and his changed positions made him a target. In addition to him now just giving up.

you care to do more today then just trying to stop all lynches?

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:
Okay, a wrong theory because of a wrong assumption and now I'm on the top suspect?

Also, since my theory has been proven "wrong".

*Unvote*

You have 3 votes on you and this all all you are going to do?

I'm feeling lazy right now, and I already explained myself enough.

My theory on prof was directly linked to my name and the fact he jumped in a conclusion so soon.

Also, the character analyze was mainly for everyone to get any theory, but after thinking it well, maybe it was a mistake, since as Linkz said, that basically ruled out turret claims.

Again, I wasn't jumping to a conclusion. I was pretending to have conclusive evidence not for the sake of lynching you, but for the sake of pressuring you.

Your first reaction was a defensive one in which you voted me with faulty reasoning, that after many posts, was finally explained to you. I don't think you have a hard time understanding the logic failure, but I think you didn't want to understand because it would mean you fucked up. You freaked out, and came up with this bizarre conclusion, and you can't back it up.

The question for me is whether you freaked because you're scum, or because you're still new to the game.

Wonktonodi said:
radishhead said:
this is probably a bit too much like mind games for what I normally do, but I don't think that a mafia would ever roleclaim "Test Subject #XXX" - it's just too dangerous; I think it's very likely that this is a genuine roleclaim

yes radish , I agree on the claim, however his behavior before he finally claimed and his changed positions made him a target. In addition to him now just giving up.

So you agree with me that he's probably not mafia? Why are you still pressuring him then? 

I would try to stall my name/roleclaim too if I could - it doesn't look that suspicious to me. I do agree that his behaviour before he claimed was odd, but we can hardly lynch him for that. 

I'm not trying to stop all lynches- I just think we're going about this the wrong way

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

theprof00 said:

Again, I wasn't jumping to a conclusion. I was pretending to have conclusive evidence not for the sake of lynching you, but for the sake of pressuring you.

Your first reaction was a defensive one in which you voted me with faulty reasoning, that after many posts, was finally explained to you. I don't think you have a hard time understanding the logic failure, but I think you didn't want to understand because it would mean you fucked up. You freaked out, and came up with this bizarre conclusion, and you can't back it up.

The question for me is whether you freaked because you're scum, or because you're still new to the game.

Freak out?

Okay, look a t my assumption from the other side, you know IF I wasn't the only one without a name, it could have made sense.

I was trying to force my  analysis after that to see if I could get you to say anything more solid, but  didn't.

radishhead said:

I don't think you've been following the discussion very well at all.

He started the game talking about how characters might fit with the game - indication that he is a character
Made a point that it might be too dangerous to talk about the characters after all - indicating some stress
Claimed to be a human- this is the only part that I'm torn on. Was he not paying attention? Ws he fishing? etc
Suddenly, on his arguments with me, thinks that all the humans are in fact random homeless people (unnamed)

How does one go from thinking that there are "characters" to "the humans are random homeless people"?

That is the big question, and that's what you're completely missing here.
What you're also missing is that at first, it doesn't appear that he ever meant to go claiming test subject #XXX, but that he didn't realize that he was going to get tested on his claim, and got stuck with claiming it.

I'll say that if he's actually town, it's a pretty big coincidence that I nailed him as being a non-character.

The last person to claim, the 5th human out of a cast of 4, coincidentally, is the one with no name, who lashes out the second I press him on his name, to which it almost looks like he's avoiding confirming what I'm saying until every last human claims a name.

I can believe it, but it's a pretty freakin' unbelievable.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
theprof00 said:

Freak out?

Okay, look a t my assumption from the other side, you know IF I wasn't the only one without a name, it could have made sense.

I was trying to force my  analysis after that to see if I could get you to say anything more solid, but  didn't.

What exactly would have made sense enough to justify voting me?

radishhead said:
Wonktonodi said:
radishhead said:

So you agree with me that he's probably not mafia? Why are you still pressuring him then? 

I would try to stall my name/roleclaim too if I could - it doesn't look that suspicious to me. I do agree that his behaviour before he claimed was odd, but we can hardly lynch him for that. 

I'm not trying to stop all lynches- I just think we're going about this the wrong way

I am pressuing him to prove he's town to everyone, by participating and not just give up.  If he's just going to give up we might as well lynch him since I doubt any scum would find a need to get rid ofhim.

If you thinki people are doing it wrong don't just tell them they are doing it wrong show them how to do it right. However if you think right is waiting for bodies and investigations I strongly diagree.

OK, finally back and caught up. Busy day.

About my "I thought I saw moreno contradicting himself but I can't find it" I am pretty sure I was thinking of those two posts Linkz referred to. For one thing, it seems odd that he'd want to analyze characters but was shocked and appalled when species claims were called for. But I didn't take it the extra step and realize how odd his posts were in light of the fact that he supposedly thought the humans were all anonymous.

I also didn't like his explanation, when he finally species claimed, for why he did when he did. I would have been satisfied by something like "I didn't want people to species claim but when it was down to just me I didn't think there was any point to holding out any longer", but instead he said, "I figured not claming could be an issue later on, and claming what I am would be useful." To be honest I'm not even 100% sure what he means by this but it sounds a bit fishy to me.

On the other hand, prof seemed to claim that moreno's unnamed test subject claim is bogus, which is odd since moreno would have to be crazy to claim all humans are unnamed if his own character was not an unnamed human, especially if he was mafia. It would get too much negative attention if he guessed wrong and I don't even see the benefit to making that kind of claim about other people's characters if he didn't believe it. So although I'm suspicious of moreno, I am inclined to believe his character claim. (Oh, looks like people agree with me.)

---

I voted radish, not because I thought prof's case was strong (on the contrary) but because radish completely lost it when prof accused him. I didn't recall that behavior from his early games but then it's been a long time and I don't keep notes.

Stefl and prof said radish was going "on and on" about Cave Johnson when to my eyes it seemed more like he was making a reasonable amount of responses due to people talking about his post about Cave Johnson. Maybe I missed something on the reread ... but I doubt it.

---

In the last hundred posts there has been a lot of analysis and arguing over analysis but not a lot I feel the need to rehash. Except I've apparently overlooked what exactly Linkz has against Stefl twice now aside from the trap thing, I don't know what is wrong with me. Third time's the charm. Ah, the role meta and the "other thing he forgot but later remembered, I think, only now I can't find it again deja vu much?" (Please help me out here Linkz I am gonna explode if I have to reread the thread again for something I've missed so many times already)

---

And TOS's indictment of Noctis was pretty powerful IMO, I'd lynch him as readily as moreno, but moreno already has the votes.

Vote morenoingrato

Sorry for the lateness of my reply

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

And TOS's indictment of Noctis was pretty powerful IMO, I'd lynch him as readily as moreno, but moreno already has the votes.

Vote morenoingrato

Sorry for the lateness of my reply

I didn't know out mod was taking sides

Considering ALL THE STUFF I'VE MISSED in this game -- it's ridiculous -- I did go back and double check radish's supposed Cave Johnson obsession.

He makes one post saying how no one's mentioned him yet. (He is a memorable enough character that Stefl posted a YouTube recording of one of his rants.)

Someone talks about radish's post, radish responds.
More talk about radish's CJ post, radish responds.
More talk about radish's CJ post, radish responds.
Et cetera. I'm not seeing radish's fixation here. The opposite, in fact. You could make the argument that he's defensive, but that would be completely unremarkable for radish and I don't think he was overly defensive anyway given the amount of discussion his post got.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!