By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

I already explained why these two statements don't jive together.

"Well, I think it'd be beneficial if we analyze Portal's characters.
There are very few characters, and apart from Wheatley and a turret, I wonder who could be Mafia." here

"I think telling whether you are human or machine can be pretty dangerous in a game with so little characters." here

moreno's explanation "Well, I wanted to analyze possible Mafia characters, but I didn't want townies or power roles to accidentally reveal themselves with a dangerous claim." doesn't add up to me either. Firstly, if scum have obviously bad characters then why would they claim them? Secondly, what's the point of figuring out who is likely Mafia if you're not going to try to use that information? Basically I think the first statement was meant to find out if it would be okay to nameclaim truthfully or if a fakeclaim would be needed.

Furthermore and more importantly, NEITHER statement makes sense if you're really an unnamed/Homeless Test Subject and think that other humans aren't named either. From your point of view Portal characters aren't actually used, and claiming human or machine wouldn't matter because everyone is probably a generic test subject.

I'm glad you continued the pace on moreno. I was interested in seeing what you'd do, but it wasn't my intention to drop attention on him. I was busy today, and thinking about IRL things. While walking around doing errands, I was wondering if you were actually mafia just siding with what I was saying (in the case the moreno was beyond saving), but you picking up the pace says town to me (if he actually does turn up mafia).

Anyhoo,yes, I agree it's illogical to want to analyze characters when he wasn't even a character himself.

Righting an oversight and putting my vote:
vote:moreno

why did it take so long between when you found out you hadn't voted and when you put the vote on?

also you seem very reserved this game. Usually you are all over day one.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Okay, a wrong theory because of a wrong assumption and now I'm on the top suspect?

Also, since my theory has been proven "wrong".

*Unvote*

You have 3 votes on you and this all all you are going to do?

Wonktonodi said:
theprof00 said:
Linkzmax said:

I already explained why these two statements don't jive together.

"Well, I think it'd be beneficial if we analyze Portal's characters.
There are very few characters, and apart from Wheatley and a turret, I wonder who could be Mafia." here

"I think telling whether you are human or machine can be pretty dangerous in a game with so little characters." here

moreno's explanation "Well, I wanted to analyze possible Mafia characters, but I didn't want townies or power roles to accidentally reveal themselves with a dangerous claim." doesn't add up to me either. Firstly, if scum have obviously bad characters then why would they claim them? Secondly, what's the point of figuring out who is likely Mafia if you're not going to try to use that information? Basically I think the first statement was meant to find out if it would be okay to nameclaim truthfully or if a fakeclaim would be needed.

Furthermore and more importantly, NEITHER statement makes sense if you're really an unnamed/Homeless Test Subject and think that other humans aren't named either. From your point of view Portal characters aren't actually used, and claiming human or machine wouldn't matter because everyone is probably a generic test subject.

I'm glad you continued the pace on moreno. I was interested in seeing what you'd do, but it wasn't my intention to drop attention on him. I was busy today, and thinking about IRL things. While walking around doing errands, I was wondering if you were actually mafia just siding with what I was saying (in the case the moreno was beyond saving), but you picking up the pace says town to me (if he actually does turn up mafia).

Anyhoo,yes, I agree it's illogical to want to analyze characters when he wasn't even a character himself.

Righting an oversight and putting my vote:
vote:moreno

why did it take so long between when you found out you hadn't voted and when you put the vote on?

also you seem very reserved this game. Usually you are all over day one.

firstly, my motherboard was shot until yesterday, so i didn't have home pc access.

secondly, i'm trying to not post from work (like I am right now with this quick message) because I ened to focus more on getting my shit done.

Lastly, the only other access I have is from my phone, and from which I can follow the game, but cross referencing posts is extremely difficult, as is quoting (impossible) and typing clearly.

Additionally, i just got a vita, so...

It wasn't an issue for me to put the vote on so adamantly. He could have the vote there, he could not. He has the pressure on him, and I felt that was enough to excuse me from going out of my way to slap down a vote. In terms of vote vs no vote on him, I'm simply glad that my vote is visible (in the case that someone needs to reference day 1 in the future, and can quickly see where my vote is. By itself, I don't feel like it's any real threat to moreno. I'm still hanging out, looking at some stuff, nothing really concrete though. I think he is the best person to lynch, if we are to lynch today. Haven't even had time to think about lynch vs no lynch except that I'm currently no lynch OR moreno lynch. That is my state of affairs.

Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:
Okay, a wrong theory because of a wrong assumption and now I'm on the top suspect?

*Unvote*

I'm feeling lazy right now, and I already explained myself enough.

My theory on prof was directly linked to my name and the fact he jumped in a conclusion so soon.

Also, the character analyze was mainly for everyone to get any theory, but after thinking it well, maybe it was a mistake, since as Linkz said, that basically ruled out turret claims.

morenoingrato said:
Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:

*Unvote*

My theory on prof was directly linked to my name and the fact he jumped in a conclusion so soon.

Also, the character analyze was mainly for everyone to get any theory, but after thinking it well, maybe it was a mistake, since as Linkz said, that basically ruled out turret claims.

being lazy now will probably get you lynched.

Explaining youself any further or why your thought what you did won't do you much good either. You need to prove to people you are town (if you are) by helping find scum.

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:

Explaining youself any further or why your thought what you did won't do you much good either. You need to prove to people you are town (if you are) by helping find scum.

I already tried to find scum, and if I wasn't the only one without a name, I would have most likely have had a point.

this is probably a bit too much like mind games for what I normally do, but I don't think that a mafia would ever roleclaim "Test Subject #XXX" - it's just too dangerous; I think it's very likely that this is a genuine roleclaim

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

morenoingrato said:
Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:

I already tried to find scum, and if I wasn't the only one without a name, I would have most likely have had a point.

so since your fist theory was wrong you are just giving up?

Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:
Wonktonodi said:
morenoingrato said:

so since your fist theory was wrong you are just giving up?

I have no more theories at the moment.

Theories come after you find "evidence" look at peoples posts and pull them apart. Ask questions. Make people explain conclusions. Don't just sit there making lynching you the best option.