By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/02 ~ 19/02

sales2099 said:

3DS killer software keeps on coming! Amusing hardware numbers as usual

amusing, it is and 360 particularly!!

Around the Network

Nice legs for SM3DL, MK7, and RE:R. I really like the first week sales for TheaterRhythm and New Love Plus. Those games really pushed the 3DS's weekly sales. It almost hit 100K! ^_^ And wow are those VITA sales low.

BasilZero said:
 <snip>
PSVita struggling, looks like PSVita will end up like the PSP imo, unless something changes within a year or so.

PS2 in 4 digit numbers again and dominating the xbox360, wat a beast.

@bold I think it might do a little less.

@italics I'm actually happy about this. XD

Carl2291 said:
3DS and PS3 seem to be doing good...

How long until Vita and Wii are in direct competition with the PS2?

Pretty much Every should have a Wii by now in Japan. So it wouldn't hurt the WIi but heck if the Vita falls to the PS2 numbers. That just gonna be harmful.

"Nintendo fan for life"

happydolphin said:

Guys, I was having a little fun and went bat-shit crazy on the graphs lol. Take this as just me fooling around and experimenting. Enjoy.

All entries color coded by platform:

3DS Entries:

PSP Entries:

PS3 entries:

The others (Vita, Wii) are pretty self-explanatory.

Wow! Those charts are awesome! They really help you visualize the sales a lot better. VGC need to bring back the charts.

Around the Network

PS2 <3

pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:
They can only do so much. Their 1st party games are not interesting the Japanese in general.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&console=&minSales=0&publisher=1535&genre=&sort=JP

None of their established IPs is capable of moving a million units in Japan anymore. It's time that Sony makes some interesting new IPs for once. They haven't done so in a very long time.

Sony Japan is like Nintendo WW!

One of the differences is that Nintendo's old IP's are still selling easily over 1 Million.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:

None of their established IPs is capable of moving a million units in Japan anymore. It's time that Sony makes some interesting new IPs for once. They haven't done so in a very long time.

Sony Japan is like Nintendo WW!

One of the differences is that Nintendo's old IP's are still selling easily over 1 Million.

Wrong. There's also another difference and that is that Nintendo created new IPs in the last decade that went on to sell more than one million units.

Let me edit that...

pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:

Interesting games sell.

Interesting games also don't "sell".

This only happens, if they aren't marketed at all.

What are the quotation marks for?

I included them to not confuse people into thinking I was saying "interesting games also don't sell at all" but rather "interesting games also don't sell a lot".

It didn't really help much.

Yeah well Tekken was obviously an Ubisoft level of effort.

3DS hardware still smokin.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.