By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What Soundtracks (Movies/Video Games) Do You Own?

When it comes to great yet overlooked music, soundtracks take the cake. Whether it's movie soundtracks or video game soundtracks, there's countless scores that delight the ears and evoke emotions. Some of my favorite music of all time comes from the many soundtracks I have heard over the years, and I take great pride in listening to great scores created by great composers.

So to all you soundtrack lovers out there, what pieces of musical art do you own? It can be movies, video games, or even remixes/covers of other soundtracks.

Movies:

• The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Harry Gregson-WIlliams)
  • The Dark Knight (Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard)
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (John Williams)
  • Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Nicholas Hooper)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Alexandre Desplat)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Alexandre Desplat)
  • Inception (Hans Zimmer)
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Howard Shore)
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - The Complete Recordings (Howard Shore)
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Howard Shore)
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - The Complete Recordings (Howard Shore)
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Howard Shore)
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - The Complete Recordings (Howard shore)
  • The King's Speech (Alexandre Desplat)
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas (Danny Elfman)
  • Nightmare Revisited (Various Artists)
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou? (Various Artists)
  • The Phantom of the Opera (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
  • Star Trek (Michael Giacchino)
  • Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (John Williams)
  • Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (John Williams)
  • Tron: Legacy (Daft Punk)
  • Up (Michael Giacchino)

Video Games:

• Disney's Epic Mickey (James Dooley)
  • Hedgehog Heaven: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (OC Remix)
  • The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary (Koji Kondo)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Koji Kondo)
  • Metroid Metal (Stemage)
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Various Artists)
  • Okami (Various Artists)
  • Pokemon: 2.B.A. Master (Pokemon Company)
  • Project Chaos: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (OC Remix)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Masato Nakamura)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (C. Cirocco Jones)
  • Sonic & Knuckles (Howard Drossin)
  • The Sound of Speed: Sonic the Hedgehog (OC Remix)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Mahito Yokota and Koji Kondo)
  • Super Mario History 1985-2010 (Koji Kondo)
  • Super Mario World (Koji Kondo)

There's still so many soundtracks that I want to listen to... so many amazing scores, so little time.

Around the Network

Not many at all, Alan Wake, Braid, Prince of Persia and a general Halo one.

Inception for movies

Seece said:

Inception for movies

Inception is great. 'Time' still blows me away...

Literally. The base in that soundtrack is insane. Every time I put the CD in my car I have to put the base down to 0, and it still shakes the car.

Smeags said:
Seece said:

Inception for movies

Inception is great. 'Time' still blows me away...

Literally. The base in that soundtrack is insane. Every time I put the CD in my car I have to put the base down to 0, and it still shakes the car.

Time is a masterpiece!

Most stuff by Hans Zimmer is awesome though.

Dang that is a nice collection, I've only got a handful.

MGS4
Bioshock 2
Skyward Sword I think came with the soundtrack
Final Fantasy VII
Dragon Age 2

Around the Network

Plenty (somewhere between 50 and 100). Most of them I bought on LP/CD during the last decades, some I bought via iTunes and amazon, a few (game) OSTs I got directly from the composers' sites and three OSTs off PSN.

I'll make a list of my movie/game soundtracks, if you're interested, but it will take some time.

BTW: Despite being a fellow countryman, I hate everything from Hans Zimmer. I hope this doesn't get me banned from this thread.

Speaking of terrible sounds - @ioi, if you read this: when will this super annoying Coke ad disappear?

okr said:

Plenty (somewhere between 50 and 100). Most of them I bought on LP/CD during the last decades, some I bought via iTunes and amazon, a few (game) OSTs I got directly from the composers' sites and three OSTs off PSN.

I'll make a list of my movie/game soundtrack, if you're interested, but it will take some time.

BTW: Despite being a fellow countryman, I hate everything from Hans Zimmer. I Hope this doesn't get me banned from this thread.

Speaking of terrible sounds - @ioi, if you read this: when will this super annoying Coke ad disappear?

Well it's the weekend so there's very little video game news (seriously, all I look forward to on Sundays is TheSource's Japan preview. ), so feel free to put 'em down.

As for the ol' Zimsterooni... really I thought Inception was his masterpiece (still bummed that 'The Social Network' beat it), but he's had some other good stuff in Pirates of the Caribbean and Batman. I still think it's funny that he's done the Call of Duty soundtracks.

Zelda and every game that Atlus ships with their soundtrack... >_>

Former something....

I have never bought any as such.

I have 2 CDs of Zelda music, one that came with a magazine back when Twilight Princess came out, and the one that came with the special edition of Skyward Sword.

Otherwise I ripped the Portal ending theme from Youtube, and have a number of songs starred in Spotify that came from films.

Xmen First Class has a pretty epic Soundtrack too come to think of it