By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Eggman and Other Video Game Baddies Cameo in a Disney Movie? Yup.

Tagged games:

Are you excited?

Yes 4 57.14%

No 2 28.57%

What the.... 1 14.29%

Total:7

Disney’s 3D animated movie “Wreck-It Ralph”, slated for a November 2012 release, is very much like a “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” with video game characters. The film tells the story of Wreck-It Ralph, an arcade game bad guy who appears within a fictional 80′s arcade game called “Fix-It Felix Jr.”. Within the arcade game, Felix builds buildings, and Ralph destroys them. Sounds a bit like a cross between Donkey Kong and Rampage. However, just like in Toy Story, the characters have lives outside of their fictional roles and Ralph is having second thoughts about villainy, hoping to become a hero.

The movie has been said to feature cameos from real world video game characters, but up until now none have been revealed. In the latest issue of Disney’s D23 Magazine, a few behind-the-scenes photos are shown and in one image none-other than SEGA’s very own Eggman can be seen sitting with other video game bad guys including Bowser and Street Fighter’s Zangief! No idea what the scene is about, but I’d guess it’s a video game villain support group. Despite the blurry pic, Eggman seems pretty disinterested in the meeting. No word on Mike Pollock voicing the doctor, but it would be a crime if he didn’t. After the break, check out the full scan. Thanks to jennytablina of The Sonic Stadium Boards for the scans!

What do you think of Eggman, and possibly other SEGA characters, making cameos in a Disney movie? Could be epic! Or it could be just a few cameos. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Source: http://segabits.com/blog/2012/02/16/eggman-and-other-video-game-baddies-cameo-in-a-disney-movie-yup/

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

ALRIGHT!!

I wonder if they will add any other characters ;o

Basil's YouTube Channel

When did Eggman become more notable than Bowser? 0.o

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
When did Eggman become more notable than Bowser? 0.o

Not sure!

Maybe the person who made the article is a Sega fan? XD

Zangief is random though, you would think they would add someone else....maybe he's there for comedy relief o.o?

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

Is this a Disney movie or a Pixar-Disney movie? If just Disney then this will potentially be a hot mess. If Pixar created, then I'll go see it as even their worst movie, Cars 2, is so much better than so many other companies.

superchunk said:
Is this a Disney movie or a Pixar-Disney movie? If just Disney then this will potentially be a hot mess. If Pixar created, then I'll go see it as even their worst movie, Cars 2, is so much better than so many other companies.

I could of sworn Pixar is 100% disney now and not just a second party o.O?

Basil's YouTube Channel

BasilZero said:
superchunk said:

No, you're right. Disney does own Pixar, however, Pixar doesn't make 100% of Disney movies.

superchunk said:
BasilZero said:
superchunk said:

No, you're right. Disney does own Pixar, however, Pixar doesn't make 100% of Disney movies.

Oh ya thats right, maybe its the same team who made all those 3D disney movies (non pixar ones), hopefully it wont end up being a mess ;x.

Basil's YouTube Channel

BasilZero said:
superchunk said:
BasilZero said:
superchunk said:

Oh ya thats right, maybe its the same team who made all those 3D disney movies (non pixar ones), hopefully it wont end up being a mess ;x.

I think its just Disney. Other recent Pixar movies label it as both Pixar studios and Walt Disney studios, while this one only labels WD Studios. I'm thinking it may be a floppy flop.... I can't think of a recent Disney only cartoon that was good.