By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2 new Heavy Rain pictures

@HappySqurriel:

You think Quantic Dream's are the ONLY one who will show PS3 power?
Also Square, Guerilla games, Team Ico, Polyphony Digital, Konami will show what PS3 is capable of.

By the way, why you forget that PS2 had only 4mb vram? =))
god of war2? FFXII? :)

You can't claim that it is representative of the power of the PS3 until we know more about the game ...
well, this is only unbelievers stuff, all who enjoyed gaming for last 10 years with playstation brand, knows that sony creates great hardware for gaming. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Jetlogs said:
The other pics of her crying really freaked me out. Now I know what "Uncanny Valley" feels like.

These new pics somehow looks more realistic and natural

It's a different girl.  This one is blonde.

CrazzyMan said:
@HappySqurriel:

You think Quantic Dream's are the ONLY one who will show PS3 power?
Also Square, Guerilla games, Team Ico, Polyphony Digital, Konami will show what PS3 is capable of.

By the way, why you forget that PS2 had only 4mb vram? =))
god of war2? FFXII? :)
You can't claim that it is representative of the power of the PS3 until we know more about the game ...
well, this is only unbelievers stuff, all who enjoyed gaming for last 10 years with playstation brand, knows that sony creates great hardware for gaming. =)

For starters, you didn't refute what he said in anyway. In fact all you did was the same old listing of developers, followed by a completely irrelevant mention of the PS2s VRAM that only serves to show how little you know about the PS2 v DC argument.

As for the "unbelievers" stuff; there is a difference between blind faith and objectivly looking at what a game may become. Guess which one you are?

BTW Crysis is already on the market and has comparable, if not better rendering of human faces than these screens. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

oh my god i thought that was a real person...what is this game?

woops,srry for the double post

Around the Network

We sure are all going to feel silly when we find out that this is actually just a movie...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well ,Sony and Quantic Dreams signed a contract for one exclusive game that would be produced by Sony .If it its Heavy Rain or another game I dont know ,but whats sure is that there will be one Quantic Dreams exclusive on the PS3 sooner or later .

I'm unimpressed until I see the real time full scene with some gameplay. What if they decrease LOD (or increase? how was it?) when zooming out?

Fahrenheit was not... you know... 'praised' by its graphics.

ok i just watched the original tech demo,whatever its supposed to be....im impressed

I've heard a lot bout this game, but still don't kow what it is about. can someone tell me the story?