By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pandora's Tower PAL release date announced

Tagged games:

I don't understand Nintendo's point of view, releasing them in Europe first will make them sell more in US?, as long as they are translated and have English voices they can be released in both, so why make us wait?

Around the Network
miqdadi said:
I don't understand Nintendo's point of view, releasing them in Europe first will make them sell more in US?, as long as they are translated and have English voices they can be released in both, so why make us wait?

Nintendo of Europe and America are separate entities, each determing the release of Pandora's Tower in their respective areas.  Assuming that this game doesn't do a Xenoblade Chronicles and get a US release announced several months after the PAL release, it's clear that NoE sees it as in their interest to publish the game while NoA doesn't.

According to this site, North America has about 11m more Wiis that Europe (keep in mind that NoE's release will cover Australasia as well), so I doubt that NoA's and NoE's respective decisions were made entirely concerning whether the localisation would bring a profit, as this would probably be more likely for the US.  NoE must be more willing to expand the Wii's European library, even if the localisation doesn't bring huge profits.  

MrT-Tar said:
miqdadi said:

Nintendo of Europe and America are separate entities, each determing the release of Pandora's Tower in their respective areas.  Assuming that this game doesn't do a Xenoblade Chronicles and get a US release announced several months after the PAL release, it's clear that NoE sees it as in their interest to publish the game while NoA doesn't.

According to this site, North America has about 11m more Wiis that Europe (keep in mind that NoE's release will cover Australasia as well), so I doubt that NoA's and NoE's respective decisions were made entirely concerning whether the localisation would bring a profit, as this would probably be more likely for the US.  NoE must be more willing to expand the Wii's European library, even if the localisation doesn't bring huge profits.  

Indeed I'll add that the PAL region has been on a steady and consistent rise which has encouraged NOE to expand the library, MH3 is what initially triggered the localizations as it's success over here really woke NOE up and it's the most played game, Xenoblade and TLS are being marketed to the group that bought MH3 and no doubt so will PT.

Wyrdness said:
MrT-Tar said:
miqdadi said:

Indeed I'll add that the PAL region has been on a steady and consistent rise which has encouraged NOE to expand the library, MH3 is what initially triggered the localizations as it's success over here really woke NOE up and it's the most played game, Xenoblade and TLS are being marketed to the group that bought MH3 and no doubt so will PT.

I don't have any evidence to support it, but I have the suspicion that the catalyst for NoE's localisation of Pandora's Tower was the start of Operation Rainfall in the US.  At the time of Operation Rainfall's start on the 23/06/11, Xenoblade Chronicles had a confirmed PAL release and The Last Story was strongly hinted at (Sakaguchi even said at one point he knew it would come to Europe), but nothing was known for PT.  3 days later on 26/06, The Last Story was officially announced for PAL release by NoE, the next month PT localisation was announced.

I personally think that NoE wanted to avoid some of the bad press that NoA was recieving at the time and announced the localisation of PT before they would've done otherwise or even perhaps they wouldn't have done  if it wasn't for Operation Rainfall.  The fact that PT appeared at the 2011 Japan expo in Paris, but in Japanese, to me suggests that the game wasn't ready to be shown and NoE wanted to illustrate that it would localise the game, unlike NoA.

Whatever NoE's motives were for their recent love of localisations, I'm glad I come under them and not NoA

MrT-Tar said:

I don't have any evidence to support it, but I have the suspicion that the catalyst for NoE's localisation of Pandora's Tower was the start of Operation Rainfall in the US.  At the time of Operation Rainfall's start on the 23/06/11, Xenoblade Chronicles had a confirmed PAL release and The Last Story was strongly hinted at (Sakaguchi even said at one point he knew it would come to Europe), but nothing was known for PT.  3 days later on 26/06, The Last Story was officially announced for PAL release by NoE, the next month PT localisation was announced.

I personally think that NoE wanted to avoid some of the bad press that NoA was recieving at the time and announced the localisation of PT before they would've done otherwise or even perhaps they wouldn't have done  if it wasn't for Operation Rainfall.  The fact that PT appeared at the 2011 Japan expo in Paris, but in Japanese, to me suggests that the game wasn't ready to be shown and NoE wanted to illustrate that it would localise the game, unlike NoA.

Whatever NoE's motives were for their recent love of localisations, I'm glad I come under them and not NoA

Tbh PT was always going to be localized by NOE, before rainfall even started TLS and PT were at a gaming conventions held in the EU and playable, this was just after Xenoblade was confirmed to be released. Nintendo have gained a strong following in the EU, it was MH3 that triggered it as a message from NOE to players of MH3 indicated this and also in how it's marketed. NOE basically are building up their userbase with an expanded library because nows a better time then any.