By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

ethomaz said:

Interlagos is the best race in the Formula 1... so unpredictable, so cool, so exciting... I love it.

Being the last race of the season can make any other race great, with the exception of Monaco(Thank god nobody had this idea)

As much as I like Interlagos, I have to say it's not the best race.  SPA would be a lot better for a season ending in my opinion.

Interlagos is for the most part an old circuit that needs some drastic changes.  I strongly support the idea of building a new circuit that was presented a few years ago.

Around the Network

congrats vettel and redbull

Above & Beyond

zumnupy10 said:
ethomaz said:

Interlagos is the best race in the Formula 1... so unpredictable, so cool, so exciting... I love it.

Being the last race of the season can make any other race great, with the exception of Monaco(Thank god nobody had this idea)

As much as I like Interlagos, I have to say it's not the best race.  SPA would be a lot better for a season ending in my opinion.

Interlagos is for the most part an old circuit that needs some drastic changes.  I strongly support the idea of building a new circuit that was presented a few years ago.

Spa is the best track and so think pretty much all the drivers. It has everything that makes a race fast, furious and unpredictable.

However, for Spa to be the last race of the season would mean having the last races in Europe and in November I don't think that will be a good idea.

With temperatures not that far from freezing it would take the term "warming up your tyres" to a new level.

justinian said:
zumnupy10 said:
ethomaz said:

Spa is the best track and so think pretty much all the drivers. It has everything that makes a race fast, furious and unpredictable.

However, for Spa to be the last race of the season would mean having the last races in Europe and in November I don't think that will be a good idea.

With temperatures not that far from freezing it would take the term "warming up your tyres" to a new level.

You are right. I did not consider that november is late fall in Europe.

But the point was showing Ethomas that interlagos is not the best race of the season.

zumnupy10 said:

Interlagos is the best track in F1? No...it one of the worst and more dated.

But what make Interlagos the best race in the F1 was the epic and memorable moments...  the unpredictable weather and some difficult points make this race nothing less than magical.

I guess it's a really good race for season ending because everything can happened here.

In track terms the SPA is way way better.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
ethomaz said:

Why? Great races, good overtaking opportynity on the long outer line, tricky inner low speed corners, doesn't seam to be dangerous. Good track IMO.

well done to haxxiy for winning his home grand prix but 

JONOP is CHAMPION and takes this Trophy

not by much though due to race wins,congrats Jonop

race 20 / 10 / place 5 , retiree 15 / 5 pts

Championship PTS W P R GP
Jonop 335 6 5
Zuvuyeay 335 4 6 1 20
Kowenicki 325 5 6 1 20
Rainbow Yoshi 275 2 7
Haxxiy 210 2 5 1 12
Conegamer 180 1 4   18
Millenium 165
Brendude13 110 1 3   13

We will return next year if anyone is still around and interested

Above & Beyond

Congrats Jonop. Well done.

We should keep the thread (or a thread) going just to update each other with any breaking news in F1.

BTW. How about a qualifying competition for next season? I know there are no points for quali in F1 but it would make a fun addition.

See you all next season.

zuvuyeay said:

well done to haxxiy for winning his home grand prix but 

JONOP is CHAMPION and takes this Trophy

not by much though due to race wins,congrats Jonop

race 20 / 10 / place 5 , retiree 15 / 5 pts

Championship PTS W P R GP
Jonop 335 6 5
Zuvuyeay 335 4 6 1 20
Kowenicki 325 5 6 1 20
Rainbow Yoshi 275 2 7
Haxxiy 210 2 5 1 12
Conegamer 180 1 4   18
Millenium 165
Brendude13 110 1 3   13

We will return next year if anyone is still around and interested

We're definitely interested. Are you going to do the bonus points for predicting the championship winner?

justinian said:
Congrats Jonop. Well done.

We should keep the thread (or a thread) going just to update each other with any breaking news in F1.

BTW. How about a qualifying competition for next season? I know there are no points for quali in F1 but it would make a fun addition.

See you all next season.

what you mean predict pole and race,we'll have to see who is about i guess and what people want to do,i think we could add the pole postion though,anything else is more work though

the grid bids game that Wick mentions and wick,pjams and myself played is very good so i'll try and get more of you into that as they have a great points system and you can have a vgchartz league,there was only 3 who signed up this time 

Above & Beyond