By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

I think Force India and Toro Rosso have a shot at podiums this year, anyone else agree?

Around the Network
Rainbow Yoshi said:
I think Force India and Toro Rosso have a shot at podiums this year, anyone else agree?

Yeah, I agree. I think Force India may be the big surpise of the season. But Toro Rosso sound pretty happy with themselves, so hopefully they can get a podium or two. Also, Mercedes may actually be a consistent podium challenger, they were really strong at the test today and Michael sounded particularly pleased.

Pjams said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Yeah, I agree. I think Force India may be the big surpise of the season. But Toro Rosso sound pretty happy with themselves, so hopefully they can get a podium or two. Also, Mercedes may actually be a consistent podium challenger, they were really strong at the test today and Michael sounded particulary pleased.

The pre-season testing can however be misleading, but Mercedes could be strong for this year. I think it is unfair that Mercedes always gives the lowest car number to Michael Scumacher, Nico Rosberg needs to know that his team aren't introducing bias. I think we could finally see Nico Rosberg win a race and perhaps Michael Schumacher on the podium. I hope Mark Webber get's an opportunity with Mercedes in 2013, Red Bull need a new driver in their team.

I predict that Vettel will win the championship again as he's just such a good driver. I'd like to see Ferrari do a lot better this year, especially Fellipe.

WinAPE - The Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator

JEMU  - The Java Emulation Platform

I think this year is going to be very tight, probably something like 2010, where it came down to the last race. I can't predict anything until we see some times in Melbourne, but I do like how confident some of the teams sound. Ferrari has me worried, but then again, it was this time last year that McLaren were having huge struggles.

I just really want to see the midfield close the gap to the top teams and compete for good qualifying spots, and hopefully a few podiums. And it would be cool to see Caterham close the distance to the midfield.

Around the Network

I really think Paul di Resta is better than Sebastian Vettel, he just needs to have a strong team to mount and title challenge. Don't rule out Nico Hulkenburg either.

This four-year-old Japanese boy got a very special present this week – his very own RB8, made for him out of cardboard by his mother.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/

Rainbow Yoshi said:
I really think Paul di Resta is better than Sebastian Vettel, he just needs to have a strong team to mount and title challenge. Don't rule out Nico Hulkenburg either.

Thats fine, Vettel just had one of the greatest seasons in the entire history of the sport, where his teammate in an identicle car was dominated by McLaren, and after McLaren recently came out and publicly stated that they had a faster car than Red Bull for the second half of last season but could not match Vettel (not the car). Youngest to ever get a pole, youngest to ever get a podium, youngest to ever win a race, youngest to ever win a championship, youngest to ever win two championships, youngest to win back-to-back championships, and most poles ever in a single season. 

And Di Resta is better because he scored a few more points than Vettel in the F3 euro series, back in 2006. This is meaningless and irrelevant.

But, of course, you are entitled to whatever opinion makes you tickle. 

(and no, Vettel isn't my favourite driver, that would be Lewis)

Theres no doubting Vettel with getting pace out of a car, his overtaking skills are still a doubt for me as he'd hardly ever had to do it. But although the car does play like 80% in winning races, Sebastian undoubtedly is a good driver. Just look at his onboard camera of his Melbourne qualifying lap last season and you can see just how much he pushes the car!

as for Di Resta, hes good but i think Adrian Sutil should be sitting in that seat this season.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Pjams said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Thats fine, Vettel just had one of the greatest seasons in the entire history of the sport, where his teammate in an identicle car was dominated by McLaren, and after McLaren recently came out and publicly stated that they had a faster car than Red Bull for the second half of last season but could not match Vettel (not the car). Youngest to ever get a pole, youngest to ever get a podium, youngest to ever win a race, youngest to ever win a championship, youngest to ever win two championships, youngest to win back-to-back championships, and most poles ever in a single season. 

And Di Resta is better because he scored a few more points than Vettel in the F3 euro series, back in 2006. This is meaningless and irrelevant.

But, of course, you are entitled to whatever opinion makes you tickle. 

(and no, Vettel isn't my favourite driver, that would be Lewis)

Alright you got me, I'm just hoping we don't see a 2nd Michael Schumacher era. Daniel Riccardo has still yet to shine in a Formula 1 car and Jean Eric Vergne could be fast.