By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Race dominated by Vettel 1988 style.

Impressive zero by McLaren. There's no excuses, the car is that slow.

Around the Network

vettel got away,pretty amazing domination by red bull and vettel really,you have to give them credit in recent times,webber got unlucky again with vdg,mercs held out,i stupidly left them and vettel out of grid bids and went with kimi and alonso as usual,

so will teh mercs like a high speed track like silverstone,i'm getting confused by them now or are they pretty much sorted now

Above & Beyond

Swing and a miss on my part this race.

It was also pretty boring, I was disappointed

brendude13 said:
Luckily Webber didn't make the top 3 or I would have been gutted I didn't change it in time.

Did they boo Vettel and chant Hamilton?

I was watching race with a friend and ya we actually both had that same impression. Vettel got booed pretty hard

Championship POINTS WINS PLACE RETIREE GP
Jonop 205 3 1
Justinian 180 3 1
Proclus 170 2

Zuvuyeay 170 1 2 1 7
Conegamer 135
Haxxiyi 120 1 2   7
Rainbow Yoshi 115
2 1 6
Brendude13 110 1 1 1 7
Angelus 90 1 1   3
Britain Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel
 1st

2nd

3rd

Retiree

Score                  

Jonop got the podium so continues to beat us,me and hax came in second,Silverstone next the last 3 days of june

a marshall also lost his life by the crane in an accident unfortunately

some piccys

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
 1st Vettel Webber

2nd Hamilton Button

3rd Alonso Rosberg

Retiree Button Hamilton

Score                  

Hey guys,i'm actually moving house now and won't have internet until it gets hooked back up in mid july but probably get on somehow these days but just leave your predictions for silverstone and i'll sort it out later,it must be on the bbc so i won't have to net watch it,

looks like the mercs tyres is finally over now,no junior drive practice or something

Above & Beyond

Webber will race with Porsche (The Return of the King) in the 2014 World Endurance Championship, so it's pretty much confirmed that he won't be in the F1 next year.

yep webber retires to race porche they say,good spot opening with red bull

1st Vettel Webber

2nd Hamilton Button

3rd Alonso Rosberg

Retiree Button Hamilton

Score                  

i can't seem to leech off someone at my new place so might not get back on until sat to check and maybe not at all so if anyone remembers to predict then great and if someone can say when the race starts and put the table/predictions afterwards i would appreciate it,i can't get full internet again until the 12th of july and bt turn me back on,thanks

Above & Beyond

who do people think will replace Webber at Red Bull then? will they go for another top driver or will they give one of the young Toro Rosso guys a chance as Vettel's #2?

hoping the Brits can do well this weekend but that looks unlikely atm, if not them then wouldn't mind Webber winning instead.

DyspraxicGamer said:
who do people think will replace Webber at Red Bull then? will they go for another top driver or will they give one of the young Toro Rosso guys a chance as Vettel's #2?

hoping the Brits can do well this weekend but that looks unlikely atm, if not them then wouldn't mind Webber winning instead.

Apparently - according to Horner, there are only three drivers in the reckoning. Kimi and the two Torro Rosso drivers Verne and Ricciardo.

Vettel is signed up until 2015 and with three WDCs should be more than experienced enough to develope the car. I think they would get one of the ToRo drivers as it would be a lot cheaper and less grief for their golden boy.

British GP Selection:

1) Alonso
2) Hamilton
3) Vettel
DNF: Massa