By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Yay, got Raikkonen!

Things didn't go how I was expecting them too, poor Ferraris.

Around the Network

Alright, I'm going to start playing safe with my placeholders now.

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Raikkonen
R. Maldonado

justinian said:
Proclus said:
Perez is not really helping his McLaren career...

I totally disagree. McLaren ( or at least Ron Dennis )seem to like that kind of driver. Hard drivers that give no quarter and ask for none in return. Senna, Haikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton among those who would have done the same as Perez.

I was actually impressed with him but disappointed with Button for asking the team to call him off. This is racing, what's he moaning about?

Ok, he hit button but Button force him off the track. It was interesting watching SKY F1 afterwards when the pundits showed Button the battle between himself and Perez and pointing out he (Button) was in the wrong. Suddenly his headphones weren't working so he couldn't respond to the question.

I doubt Dennis would have been totally amused had Perez's aggresive driving still blown out Button's tyre though if you know what I mean. ;)

Anyways, placeholders:

• 1: Webber
  • 2: Alonso
  • 3: Rosberg
  • DNF: Vettel

Really hope Alonso was right, and the bad fortunes of some move on to other drivers now. :D

Proclus said:
justinian said:
Proclus said:
Perez is not really helping his McLaren career...

I totally disagree. McLaren ( or at least Ron Dennis )seem to like that kind of driver. Hard drivers that give no quarter and ask for none in return. Senna, Haikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton among those who would have done the same as Perez.

I was actually impressed with him but disappointed with Button for asking the team to call him off. This is racing, what's he moaning about?

Ok, he hit button but Button force him off the track. It was interesting watching SKY F1 afterwards when the pundits showed Button the battle between himself and Perez and pointing out he (Button) was in the wrong. Suddenly his headphones weren't working so he couldn't respond to the question.

I doubt Dennis would have been totally amused had Perez's aggresive driving still blown out Button's tyre though if you know what I mean. ;)

Anyways, placeholders:

• 1: Webber
  • 2: Alonso
  • 3: Rosberg
  • DNF: Vettel

Really hope Alonso was right, and the bad fortunes of some move on to other drivers now. :D

Yeah, that's true. Anyhow if rumours are correct mexican Carlos Slim is looking to invest in McLaren. This I heard has a lot to do with them having a Mexican driver. 

If the richest man in the world does indeed back McLaren I am pretty sure that the driver he sponsors (Perez)  will have a "good career" at McLaren.

As Senna once said F1 is and always will be political. Then again whenever large sums of money is involved it is always political. I do however get your point.

Placeholder for Barcelona:

1 Alonso

2 Vettel

3 Hamilton

DNF: Sutil

Kimi really is "Mr Consistency"

I underestimated him in my prediction and grossly overestimated Rosberg.

Vettel was fast but the gap between 1st and 2nd was only 9 seconds.

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

Kimi really is "Mr Consistency"

I underestimated him in my prediction and grossly overestimated Rosberg.

Vettel was fast but the gap between 1st and 2nd was only 9 seconds.

There will be those that disagree with me, but I'm quite sure Vettel would not have won had Kimi had a better quali position and Fernando not had the DRS issue, he had free air for most of the race and he managed "only" 9 seconds advantage. He still won obviously, but the ease of it seems a bit exagerated by some.

justinian said:

If the richest man in the world does indeed back McLaren I am pretty sure that the driver he sponsors (Perez) will have a "good career" at McLaren.

As Senna once said F1 is and always will be political. Then again whenever large sums of money is involved it is always political. I do however get your point.

Fair point, kind of forgot about Carlos backing Perez, and with Vodafone pulling out McLaren will need new money.

Going to crazy and hope for a 2010 repeat, locking in my results as I have to prepare for moving:

Spain/Espana:

1:Webber
2:Alonso
3:Massa
DNF: Vettel

Monaco:
2:Vettel
3:Hamilton
DNF:Van der Gaarde

Canada:
1:Raikkonen
2:Hamilton
3:Rosberg
DNF:Hulkenberg

Britain/Silverstone:
2:Button
3:Rosberg
DNF:Hamilton

Hopefully I'll have time again after Silverstone, with luck Massa will win in Germany, it's been too long since his last win. :/

they said bahrain own some of mclaren too on the pit walk when brundle was talkiing the king or prince,can't remember which,so mclaren can't be too short of cash

Above & Beyond

Championship POINTS WINS PLACE RETIREE GP
Jonop 130 2 1
Zuvuyeay 105 1 1 1 4
Justinian 100 2 1   4
Brendude13 60 1 1 1 4
Haxxiy 55 1 1
Rainbow Yoshi 50   1   3
Conegamer 40       4
Proclus 35       4
Spain Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain
 1st
Webber Vettel Alonso

2nd
Alonso Alonso Vettel

3rd
Massa Raikkonen Hamilton

Retiree
Vettel Maldonado Sutil

Score                

Spain 10-12 may,few weeks away,i won the week thanks to vergne being the only one not to finish with jonop & rainbow coming in second

some piccys

Above & Beyond

Teams getting an extra set of tyres for FP1:

Milan – The P Zero Orange hard compound and P Zero White medium compound have been nominated for the Spanish Grand Prix, but there will be some changes to the tyres at the famous Circuit de Catalunya this year.

The P Zero Orange hard compound has evolved,
with the objective of opening up even more
possibilities for strategy. All the other compounds remain unaltered.

There will also be an extra set of prototype
hard tyres allocated for free practice to
encourage all the teams to run throughout the
entire length of the sessions, rather than opt to
conserve tyres for the rest of the race
weekend.

These tyres will not be the same as
the P Zero Orange hard tyres used for the rest
of the weekend, but are instead a specially-
created compound with the emphasis on
durability so that the teams run for as long as
possible. To distinguish these tyres, they will