By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

the top 4 cars are complaining about tyres,red bull still winning either way

sounds like vettel will give webber a win back if the situation arises but maybe i heard it wrong,they didn't really get on anyway did they,i guess red bull and vettel have to be carefu about bad PR getting out of hand because people/media tend to turn on the winners when they get bored and stuff

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Senna or Prost would have done the same but wouldn't have apologized.

Still shocked RB seemingly will let get Vettel get away with this again despite the fact that Dietrich Mateschitz turned down hiring Hamilton in favour of Webber.

Proclus said:
Still shocked RB seemingly will let get Vettel get away with this again despite the fact that Dietrich Mateschitz turned down hiring Hamilton in favour of Webber.

Vettel is RB's golden boy. They would never slap his wrist. Webber would do as he is told. Hamilton probably won't.

Strange race.

Hamilton going into Mclaren's pit is understandable. Until last week it was the only pit he ever knew in his years in F1. Funny though. I changed floors at my office building a couple months back and got caught out twice going tp my old desk so I can relate to what he did, kinda..

I understand team orders and the value of them. They told Webber to turn his engine down so it is only fair they hold Vettel back. If he was allowed to go full pelt I doubt Vettel would have passed him.

As for Mercedes they cocked up Hamilton's fuel so maybe they thought they owed him something but they should have let Rosberg through, it wasn't Nico's fault, he didn't fill up Hamilton's car. Hamilton will get podiums in the future so no big deal and just a diff of three points...that might come in handy.

The podium was indeed a strange affair:

One driver looking like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Another driver looked like someone took his wife and the third looked like a banker that  got a bonus pay check that he knew he didn't deserve.

justinian said:

Vettel is RB's golden boy. They would never slap his wrist. Webber would do as he is told. Hamilton probably won't.

I understand team orders and the value of them. They told Webber to turn his engine down so it is only fair they hold Vettel back. If he was allowed to go full pelt I doubt Vettel would have passed him.

I didn't mind Vettel until now. I actually dislike him for his actions. He equalled Jackie Stewarts win total with that race too...... What a disgrace to himself, Webber and Sir Jackie Stewart. I think it will remain a dark spot in the rest of the season, perhaps longer.

I'm Australian myself so I'm somewhat biased.

Around the Network
okr said:
Senna or Prost would have done the same but wouldn't have apologized.

that is so true and the media would have praised them for it aswell,how times change

vettel has delivered 3 WC's so you can't really argue with that but obviously it makes horner & newey looks a bit silly as bosses i guess,people have talked about vettel before in a certin way but i always thought he was quite funny and always talked to the media,over here anyway with the BBC and SKY i don't know how/ what you guys get but we get hour and half after race stuff sometimes and vettel has always come across well to me

Above & Beyond

I think the bigger issue here is that Vettel blatantly defied his team, his teammate and created a very bad PR situation (Would you like one of your drivers saying your "Vettel is protected, as usual" on stage and live tv? It's one step away from calling them a Germanic nazi regime).

He's also endangered the constructors championship, Webber will not trust any agreement made by the team anymore and will likely rather see both RB9's hit a concrete barrier than Vettel landing on the top spot from now on, and if the team take no action they're basically sending a clear message to Webber than they'll do anything to keep him from winning the Driver's Championship.

They might as well start wearing shirts saying: "We're not giving you a fair shot, feel free to deny us the Constructor's Championship, you'll find a spot with a new team in '14 anyway".

I'm fairly confident something will happen to Vettel. You can disagree all you like, but it's team orders. He's employed by the team, and you must respect their decision. They Are In Control. Newey needs to reassert his authority, and soon. Don't know if they can risk losing Webber.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Proclus said:

I think the bigger issue here is that Vettel blatantly defied his team, his teammate and created a very bad PR situation (Would you like one of your drivers saying your "Vettel is protected, as usual" on stage and live tv? It's one step away from calling them a Germanic nazi regime).

He's also endangered the constructors championship, Webber will not trust any agreement made by the team anymore and will likely rather see both RB9's hit a concrete barrier than Vettel landing on the top spot from now on, and if the team take no action they're basically sending a clear message to Webber than they'll do anything to keep him from winning the Driver's Championship.

They might as well start wearing shirts saying: "We're not giving you a fair shot, feel free to deny us the Constructor's Championship, you'll find a spot with a new team in '14 anyway".

that is true about the inter team conflict,i mean you would think it has gone to the point of no return unless webber doesn't want his F1 career to end,red bull could always sack webber i guess and bring in someone else

Above & Beyond

Conegamer said:
I'm fairly confident something will happen to Vettel. You can disagree all you like, but it's team orders. He's employed by the team, and you must respect their decision. They Are In Control. Newey needs to reassert his authority, and soon. Don't know if they can risk losing Webber.

i wonder what they could do though to appease webber apart from a reverse in a future race

Above & Beyond