By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Quali delayed by 10 mins, it's pouring rain!

Around the Network

Well shit, woke up early and watched 2 hours for one Qualifying -.-

Well at least now I only have to wait 30 minutes after the end of The 12 Hours of Sebring to watch Q2 and Q3.

Player2 said:
zuvuyeay said:
Proclus said:

Yep, Vodafone isn't sponsoring McLaren in 2014 anymore. Lady presenters would definitely be nice. :D

No real suprises in the first FP really, McLaren seemed a bit low but maybe just a one off? FP2 in 2 hours, time to grab some more caffeine!

on the radio earlier in the eve they were saying mclaren aren't really there,Vodafone is quite a big brit company isn't it,they're going to need big sponsors,i could see mclaren slipping to a mid team if they are not careful,mercedes ahve got half their staff now

McLaren got Sergio Perez and Telmex has been supporting his career for a long time. I expect Telmex (or Telcel, or any other company owned by Carlos Slim) to sponsor McLaren when Vodafone leaves. If that happens money won't be an issue. However lack of talented engineers and a good engine can. We've seen lots of teams with tons of $$$ doing nothing.

I say engine because in 2014 the rules that ban engine evolution will be gone. I won't be surprised if teams that get their engines from manufacturers that have their own team end up getting worse engines or evolutions later.

Also Mercedes true target is to win the championship in 2014 with their own team, taking advantage of the rule changes (so 2013 is too early for them). Combine this with Ferrari still having one and a half drivers and you know where my Red Bull winning the constructors championship this year prediction comes from.

yes good point,perez should bring in the cash,are you going to predict

@zump,plenty of money in brasil no doubt about that and they love formula 1 so no problem selling tickets i'm sure

so that was a wash out then,got up very early,qualy is at midnight gmt they said so make sure you get a prediciton in if you are going to be asleep and not know before the race,i will close up about just before the race when i get up to watch,

and please predict if you want to play and are lurking,there is a long way to go so you can still join if you miss this race

Above & Beyond

Australia Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax    
 1st    Vettel  Hamilton  Alonso  Alonso  Vettel    
 2nd    Raikkonen  Webber  Raikkonen  Vettel  Alonso    
 3rd    Webber  Perez  Vettel  Massa  Raikkonen    
 Retiree    Perez  Maldonado  Sutil  Webber  Chilton    
 Score                

race 25 / 15 / 15 place 5, retiree 25 / 10

remember this time you can have the same DNF and if you change you prediciton then post it,do not edit old post as it won't count

Above & Beyond

Revised:

1: Webber
2: Vettel
3: Raikonnen

Looks like McLaren really dropped off a cliff.

Around the Network

1st Vettel
2nd Webber
3rd Alonso

Retiree Perez

Can I swap Perez for Rosberg?

brendude13 said:
Can I swap Perez for Rosberg?

sure,you can change anything you want even your DNF,unless i have closed it which i will do before the race

lewis made the right decision then,he'll be like last year,mclaren are awful,redbull as good as ever and i hope massa can have a really good season 

Above & Beyond

Sorry for keeping you busy, just saw the quali results.

1. Hamilton (first race, may as well root for him)
2. Webber
3. Massa

DNF. Maldonado

Australia Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop  
 1st  Vettel  Webber  Hamilton  Alonso  Alonso  Vettel  Vettel  
 2nd  Webber  Vettel  Webber  Raikkonen  Vettel  Alonso  Webber  
 3rd  Alonso  Raikkonen  Massa  Vettel  Massa  Raikkonen  Alonso  
 Retiree  Van der Garde  Perez  Maldonado  Sutil  Webber  Chilton  Perez  
 Score                

hope webber does it for you proc,i'm goingto play the percentages

i'll close it just before the race,kowen didn't make it by the looks of it unless he is getting up early

if anyone else wants to play then just put your prediction and DNF down and i will sort it out in the morning

edit-no problem bren,do what you want,not staying with nico,some people really fancied him to do well this race on the bbc anyway

Above & Beyond