By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Games.

Machina-AX said:
akuma587 said:
Loco Roco Correcho is way more than just a screen saver and is in fact one of the best PSN games. I don't know about the difference between the European and American one though. The game has at least 4+ hours worth of gameplay for 6.99 (you open up more areas when you finish the game each subsequent time). The gameplay is VERY unique and this game is definitely in my top 3 PSN games.

Awesome, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. How does it compare to the PSP does anyone know?

The gamplay is a little bit different since it takes advantage of the sixaxis controls... in the PSP game you actually use the triggers to tilt the playfield and roll the locorocos in the different stages or make them jump.

In the PS3 version you are a "charismatic" butterfly and locorocos follow you wherever you go. You can urge them to jump or steer them away from their path to find other Locorocos or hidden MuiMui.

The purpose of the games is also quite different : the PSP version is all about collecting pickories and trying to finish each level with as many locoroco you can. The PS3 version is about finding as many hidden locorocos you can, possibly all (there are 200 in the game).

They're both challenging and both very unique. I personnaly had more fun with the PS3 version because I played this version first but it was also more frustrating, especially when you have to hammer repeatedly the O button to urge your locorocos to do things and they don't.

Around the Network
kimbo said:
Is PAIN a good game or is it simply an average game?

Pain is probably between good and average.  I have had some pretty good fun with it, especially in the Mime Toss game.  It can be a little bit annoying at times, especially the audio, but i don't regret buying it.  Checking out trailers online is your best bet. 

The game is more complex than people give it credit for.  I think it is very well designed.  The only thing that pushes people away is the nature of the game itself.  It is one of the most unique PSN titles along with flOw, Everday Shooter, and Loco Roco Correcho.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Keep in mind that the Tekken 5 figure was for EU only and was annouced August 22.

In PSN LocoRoco, you don't control the locoroco but a butterfly that leads them through the level. Kinda weird but supposedly fun.

Im getting budget priced. (yes Im being very cheap)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Machina-AX said:
outlawauron said:
Keep in mind that the Tekken 5 figure was for EU only and was annouced August 22.

That's even more impressive then. PSN Games must sell better than I expected, and are presumably more profitable than non-downloadable games?

I think a big part of it is that Sony doesn't have to split money with retailers as well, not to mention that some of the titles have sold very well. The reorganization of the San Diego studio to do downloadable games as well as the SOE divisions that now exclusively do downloadable stuff would support the hypothesis that dowloadable games see a good return.

I personally don't mind since they are great to show off to friends, and are great games to just "pick-up-and-play" (I really hate that phrase since it degrades video games to just mindless entertainment rather than something artistic, but it is true in this case). Hell, some of them don't even sacrifice on the artsy stuff either, which is why I prefer Loco Roco, flOw, and Everyday Shooter to most of the others.

They are great stopgaps for long stretches with no new games, but looking at the 2008 release schedule I no longer see that as a problem.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Calling All Cars is also great.  Best 4-player game on the PS3.

Around the Network

I don't know about its succes. I mean, Tekken 5 might be popular, but almost all games (from new games to PS1 'classics') are from SCE. Where is the third party support?