By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Passes 30M Worldwide!

Great news! While it is not doing as well as the DS, it is certainly holding its own. I am very impressed with the PSP's sales

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
@Leni

Since it is Sony's first ever handheld (proper one anyway) and its doing the best out of any handheld thats gone up against Ninty i think its rather impressive!

Just waits on the people butting in speaking about the software sales... *yawn*

bah, what was the ps1 ???

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I expect 45 million by years, end, the reason for this is another hopeful price cut, and some major AAA games coming out for the psp.

mM

Gratz.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

kirby007 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
@Leni

Since it is Sony's first ever handheld (proper one anyway) and its doing the best out of any handheld thats gone up against Ninty i think its rather impressive!

Just waits on the people butting in speaking about the software sales... *yawn*

bah, what was the ps1 ???

a runaway success. much like the DS and Wii, only at the rate those are going, less so.

Around the Network

Hmm I don't expect 40 million, but I think 39 million, and i'm sure it will pass 38 million before 2009.

@leo. It had a price cut and re-design this year and sold 10 million,... you should work on your predictions more.

Why do ppl even have to mention the DS at all in this thread?. Its a thread to congratulate the PSP

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

The DS is mentioned as considering the DS is an amazing success the PSP is still doing great for Sony's first try against Ninty in the handheld market (and the DS being one of their best) so making it look that bit better :D

Woot woot, go PSP!

Such an awesome handheld.

nice 2 of those psp are mine 4 when i upgarde too the slim soon :P