By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog seriously considered new Jak & Daxter title

Tagged games:

Would you like to play a sequel to the series?

Yes 17 73.91%

No 0 0%

Not interested in the series 5 21.74%

WHATCHA SAY!?!? 1 4.35%

Total:23

ND is to busy making interactive movies... Jak and Daxter as a interactive movie a la Uncharted wouldnt work lol :P

My bet is, looking at the industry right now where trying new IPs is to risky so we milk our popular franchises, I think ND's first team is working on UC4.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

What I'd give to have them buy back Crash Bandicoot.

Also crazy suggestion, but if you buy the Jak trilogy chances are they'll more than think about Jak 4. On the plus side there's still Sly 4 coming this year.

I never had a PS2, but when I went over to my friend's house this is the one game we would play for hours. It was definetly a fun game. If they ever released a 4 I would buy it.

... They really don't put out a reason as to why they would do it a disservice. Is it because Naughty Dog aren't as talented anymore? Is it because the people who worked on it has quit? Without putting a reason it seems like they are just saying it because they don't want to, and they are sick of people asking about it.

Christhor said:
... They really don't put out a reason as to why they would do it a disservice. Is it because Naughty Dog aren't as talented anymore? Is it because the people who worked on it has quit? Without putting a reason it seems like they are just saying it because they don't want to, and they are sick of people asking about it.

My guess is that they were only talking about doing it because J&D fans have been asking for a proper Jak sequel ever since PS3 came out. But for the folks at Naughty Dog their hearts were not in it. So, making a game because fans want it, but no one in the studio is really fully committed would mean a weak game that disappoints both fans and the studio.

If that's how it is at ND I'm glad they didn't go ahead. We'll have to be satisfied with Jak references in Uncharted games.

From what Wells said in the quoted article it seems like ND have no intention of going back to Jak, ever. Too bad. Sony are yet to have a perennial franchise. Ninty have loads, MS has Halo. Ratchet and Clank are rather a spent force. God of War, maybe but it lacks the broad age range (and parental filter) appeal. None of the new IP this gen have the feel of potentially being a multi-generational franchise.

There's always Buzz I suppose.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix