By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Reliving my favourite Zelda-esque game

Tagged games:

lestatdark said:

The World's Most Difficult Trick XD. I've got a save file reserved just for that puzzle alone, I always love to go back and re-do it from time to time. 

Professor Layton and the Curious Village puzzle 135 is the same puzzle as the Lufia II one, albeit flipped 90º. 

Then I guess my puzzle-skills have indeed improved, because I don't remember having a lot of trouble with any of the Layton puzzles. Maybe I'll give Alundra another go someday - just to see how it holds up.

Regarding Zelda-esque games - this gen we had 3D Dot Game Heroes, which was awesome as well. I hope they'll do a sequel to that game, because the artstyle was amazing. :)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I've heard of the game and I've played it. So much that people were calling me nuts for having a save file at the final boss that clocked in at nine hours.

How in the hell can you do that in 9 hours? o.O 

I'm at the 14th hour mark, and i'm still at the entrance of the Lake Shrine (final dungeon). You must have skipped pretty much everything optional in the game then. And i'm being reasonably fast, since my first playthrough took me over 20 hours. Did you also used a guide for the toughest puzzles? Since some of the ice pillar puzzles can literally take over half an hour each to figure out (that's considered to be amongst the best times) for the first time.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:
RolStoppable said:
I've heard of the game and I've played it. So much that people were calling me nuts for having a save file at the final boss that clocked in at nine hours.

How in the hell can you do that in 9 hours? o.O 

I'm at the 14th hour mark, and i'm still at the entrance of the Lake Shrine (final dungeon). You must have skipped pretty much everything optional in the game then. And i'm being reasonably fast, since my first playthrough took me over 20 hours. Did you also used a guide for the toughest puzzles? Since some of the ice pillar puzzles can literally take over half an hour each to figure out (that's considered to be amongst the best times) for the first time.

Simple. By knowing what you have to do in the game. I think I've never found all the life upgrades and golden falcons, so I guess I had something like 48 life and 44 falcons on that file. So no, I didn't skip much of the optional things in this game.

At that time I had no internet, so I had to figure out everything by myself. The nine hours file is of course not a first time playthrough.

Ahh I see, then that explains a lot. 

On another matter, I think I found a bug on the Lake Shrine. After opening all chests possible (I've spent the last hour trecking back and forth in the dungeon), I was supposed to have 2 keys with me (opened two chests with keys and didn't use any), the game only recognized one key. So now I'm stuck at a wall that was supposed to be opened with two keys... 

I think I might have to reset the game

Edit - FUUUUU, found the last key at last, there was a switch puzzle hiding behind a wall >_>. Still i'm boggled why getting two previous keys only counted as one, must have opened something in the room with one of the keys that didn't give out the characteristic sound.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

DeduS said:
lestatdark said:

The World's Most Difficult Trick XD. I've got a save file reserved just for that puzzle alone, I always love to go back and re-do it from time to time. 

Professor Layton and the Curious Village puzzle 135 is the same puzzle as the Lufia II one, albeit flipped 90º. 

Then I guess my puzzle-skills have indeed improved, because I don't remember having a lot of trouble with any of the Layton puzzles. Maybe I'll give Alundra another go someday - just to see how it holds up.

Regarding Zelda-esque games - this gen we had 3D Dot Game Heroes, which was awesome as well. I hope they'll do a sequel to that game, because the artstyle was amazing. :)

I enjoyed 3D Dot Game Heroes a lot, if not for the annoying Tower Defense minigames (it's nothing with the miniquest per se, I hate Tower Defense games in general), so I missed out on some items and that ticked my completionist ego a lot >_>.

Current PC Build

So, finished Alundra (clocked in at 19 hours) which was three hours faster than my first time playing through the game (though that was some good 11 years ago ).

This time I did manage to get all the Gilded Falcons and Life Vessels (including the dreadfully long, painful and trully mindfuckery that is the Roulette mini-game) plus spent some time messing around to get the Legend Sword (game breaking item, it's 3 times as powerful as the second most powerful other sword in the game, though you need to meet certain conditions to get it, and at late game it takes too long to meet them) to never use it xD.

Optional stuff aside (which probably took as long as the main game itself), the game was as great as I remembered it. I completely suggest it to any Zelda fan

Current PC Build