By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a Wii just for light gun type games?

i just ordered the nyko perfect shot for my wii for playing shooters.

when it comes in and if i LIKE it, i'll get 3 more so ALL my wiimotes can be setup for it.

i have RE4 Crossbow and UC --ghost squad- not one store in my immediate area has in stock so i had to order online, and that should arrive anyday now.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Oh wait, now that I think of it... At the beginning of Metroid Prime 3 you're asked to shoot two targets which are slightly separated, that probably has something to do with calibrating the aiming.

It makes sense, it shouldn't be necessary for the calibration points to be in the corners of the screen since what you need to know is the distance between pixels (which is constant throughout the screen). The targets are only separated horizontally, but vertical calibration is easy to do afterwards since the Wii knows if you have a Widescreen or not (there's an option in the settings menu for that). 

The target shooting in MP3 isn't for calibration, it's just teaching you about the game.  But other games have calibration settings.  LCT has you adjust the pointer sensitivity, and Twilight Princess has 4-corner calibration. 

How much do you like rail gun games? If you absolutely love them, then why not?
I dig them, so I am not bothered by the new trend to have them show up.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960