By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Word of Caution concerning Fire Emblem PoR/RD transfer, 1000blk GC memcards

I booted up Fire Emblem: RD for the first time yesterday, looking forward to importing my Fire Emblem: PoR data over and getting busy. When I tried to create a save file the game said my PoR data was corrupted and needed to be erased. I then popped in PoR and it also gave me this message, but then allowed me to load up my saved games. I resest PoR and tried again, but got the corrupt message and the game froze. I then tried RD again but, you guessed it, corrupt data she tells me.

So I went to GameFaqs and posted about this problem(if the data was corrupt, why did it let me load my saved games on PoR the first time). I didn't play PoR on Easy(easy data can't be transferred), so that wasn't the problem. A few posters there alerted me to a problem that I wasn't aware of: apparently the 1,000 block memory cards will corrupt data moreso than other cards. I have an official Nintendo 1000 card, so I really didn't expect this to happen. However, I have had one other Cube game's data corrupt on me since I got my Wii...Pinball Hall of Fame. I thought maybe it was because it was a budget game, but never thought it could be because of the memory card. When Nintendo first released the 1000 card, I do recall hearing that certain games were incompatible with it(Backyard sports games for example). 

So this has me wondering if it's the card itself causing the problem, or perhaps the way the card and the Wii interact with each other. I've played SSBM, Monkey Ball 2, and Soul Calibur II on my Wii using the same memory card with no problems. Maybe only certain games corrupt on the card or when using the card with the Wii? Nonetheless, I thought I'd put the word out. One of the posters on GameFaqs said that he was able to use his Fire Emblem: PoR data by transferring it to a smaller memory card and then trying it with RD. I have a few 250 cards, so I'm going to be backing up my more important save data on those. Hopefully nothing else becomes corrupted in the mean time. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

I have some after market card that randomly goes completely blank. It has happened like 2-3 times to me. Once while in the middle of playing Tales of Symphonia, major setback there.

Have fun playing FE:RD, it was my first Fire Emblem and I loved it. Beat it on normal and now I'm on my second play through now that i know what I'm doing. From what I understand, the only real benefit of using saved data is for an extra cut scene with Soren, and the stats bonuses. So if you don't care about the extra cut scene and want a harder game, just forget about the file transfer.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Yeah, after the scene i described earlier, I just started it fresh. I really wanted those stat boosts, but oh well. I'm more upset that my PoR data may be messed up, as well as the dozens and dozens of GC game save data I have on there. I do have my completed SSBM and Star Wars Rogue Squadron II data backed up from long ago. But still, that's possibly thousands of hours of data I could be losing.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."