By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The definitive 2008 PS3 Exclusives Guide

Munkeh111 said:
ssj12 said:
Alexie Di Onie said:
Wasn't Tekken 5 just released in 2007, and they are already releasing a tekken 6? How does that make sense....

Tekken 5: DR was a portfrom the PS2 upgraded to 1080p had online features added. 

Wasn't it a port from PSP, avalaible on PSN, with the online added later

No, it was a straight arcade port to the PS3, although the PSP received a downgraded port first.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
shio said:
The Agency isn't exclusive (coming to PC)

FFXIII and FF vs XIII most likely won't come before 2009

Haze and Heavy Rain will most likely be multiplatform, though right now they're only PS3 confirmed.

I guess that means Halo 3, Gears of War, Bioshock, etc. aren't exclusive either? Give me a break, you can't have it one with and not the other. Heavy rain is heavily involved with Sony, it won't be multiplatform. I'll give you Haze though, it doesn't look good with that staying exclusive.

Do you have a source on why you think Killzone 2 is late 2008??

I've seen a lot of talk about April.

^^

other than that, amazing list. I hope your right about Socom confrontation's release date! thats way earlier than i thought.

Looks like it will be a great year for the ps3.

^_^

Around the Network

Buys:
-MGS4
-Killzone2
-White knight story

Maybes:
-HSG5
-Socom
-LittleBigPlanet

If:
-FF13
-FF13vs

Need to look into
-Battlefeild
-Heavy Rain
-Eight Days

lol I've owned a PS3 over as year now and still dont own a game ( i really wasnt ratchet and uncharted though moneys tight) Maybe 08 is the year!

Proud owner of all next gen consoles and portables.

I still don't own a PS3 game

List looks great. Im sure more will be announced we dont know about yet.

Definitely a good year to be a PS3 owner. (I didnt care much for last years lineup except for a few games). 

Im doubting a 2008 release for FF though   Arent there some other Japanese RPG's missing from that list?

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

I want GT5 MGS4 Haze SOCOm KillZone2 Naruto and FFXIII

^_^

Why no one mention Disgaea 3? (it is not a system seller, but it is definitly a great game)

Also Eternal Sonata and Lost Planet (probably even Ace Combat 6) are exclusive in their own way.

As long as i get GT5, Haze, and MGS this year then i don't care if everything else gets delayed. Those are 3 of my most wanted game this year. God help sony if any one of those 3 get delayed until next year ::shakes fists::