By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The definitive 2008 PS3 Exclusives Guide

i am comparing wiisports golf screen shots and hotshots golf 5 pic in this thread
OMFG the difference is sobig!

Around the Network

Must buys:

Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
White Knight Story
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Maybe List:

Singstar
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Afrika
Naruto PS3 Project

I highly doubt that a few of those games will come out in '08 (Afrika, Heavy Rain, 3 SE titles in '08!?!?!?!?).

DarkNight_DS said:

Has Square mentioned anything recently about FF13's release? The general consensus seems to be that we won't see it in 2008. I guess we'll have a better idea when Square-enix release their 08 financial expectations.

I still feel that they delayed DQ9 into 08 so that they could delay FF13 into 09 and not feel a negative impact on their financials. 

yea 2008 DQ but i think 2008 will have ff13 in japan and the rest of the world  in 2009

I thought 8 Days was vapourware. Have they released any details?

Around the Network

The Agency isn't exclusive (coming to PC)

FFXIII and FF vs XIII most likely won't come before 2009

Haze and Heavy Rain will most likely be multiplatform, though right now they're only PS3 confirmed.

It's looking very likely that FF13 will be 2009 in Japan, let alone US and Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if European release is delayed until 2010, considering how the delay between FF12 in Japan and in Europe was 11 months.

Seeing how the 2007 lineup went, the chance of other games getting bumped is pretty high as well.

At least two games on the list that I'm definitely getting btw. Two more than last year, which has to be good news. =P

I just don't see a lot there that screams "must buy", but I probably have different tastes than a lot of other Playstation owners.

I'm sure at least a few of those games will interest me as more information is released throughout the year.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
I just don't see a lot there that screams "must buy", but I probably have different tastes than a lot of other Playstation owners.

I'm sure at least a few of those games will interest me as more information is released throughout the year.

Maybe you do have different tastes.  Although I can't say how the games will play or whether they will end up being rubbish or great, but there is a decent collection of the biggest games on any system coming out for the PS3 alone this year, like:

• Haze
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Tekken 6
  • Killzone 2
  • Final Fantasy XIII (although it is very much likely to appear in 2009)
I'm pretty sure the Wii and the XBox 360 would be very proud to have the games listed above in their exclusive list for this year?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

You seem to be very optimistic about some of those release dates...