By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita Gets First Free-To-Play Game [Sega]: Samurai & Dragons

Sega reveals free PS Vita title - Samurai & Dragons

Published on Jan 25, 2012

PS Vita gamers in Japan will be able to play a free game in March when Sega launches Samurai & Dragons.

Samurai & Dragons will be downloadable for free from the PSN Store, with micro-transactions for in-game items, according to Famitsu.

Samurai & Dragons blends dungeon-based combat with town-management - the free digital version will launch on 29 March, while a deluxe re-release will hit retail on 26 April with additional virtual items.

There's no word yet on a western release - we'll ask Sega for confirmation.

Sounds a bit like Dark Cloud.  If it succeeds may'be there'll be more to come, possibly same on PS3 (DC Universe);                        free-to-play becoming an industry/console standard?

Another recent thread I started:Nintendo and Free-To-Play Games, NOA President comments

Around the Network

Wow this is awesome. Getting a free to play game so soon after launch!
I hope they keep it up. Having free games to download is a huge selling point.

its not entirely free if you have to buy stuff to play it. remember pinball fx 2 free to download but to play it you gotta buy a table! ya i hope this is not one of those things

Damn, I thought this was gonna be a good game. That pricing scheme work for game that arent on par quality wise with their competitors.

Icyedge said:

Damn, I thought this was gonna be a good game. That pricing scheme work for game that arent on par quality wise with their competitors.

I LOLed.