By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Twisted Metal Gone Gold!

I'm interested to see how Twisted Metal sells on PS3. I've never liked the series and I could never understand why it was so popular on PSX. To me it was the kind of game guys with two foot long hair and slasher-metal shirts played when they weren't headbanging or watching WWF. You know, the guys who fight over who gets to play as Sweet Tooth because he's so "hardcore". I'd be surprised if Twisted Metal sells well today. I think its style is past its prime. But who knows, maybe I just don't "get it" and it's what peoples have been waiting for. I doubt it since it's basically War Hawk on with wheels and that game didn't set the world on fire back when the PS3 didn't have anything else to play on PSN.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
I'm interested to see how Twisted Metal sells on PS3. I've never liked the series and I could never understand why it was so popular on PSX. To me it was the kind of game guys with two foot long hair and slasher-metal shirts played when they weren't headbanging or watching WWF. You know, the guys who fight over who gets to play as Sweet Tooth because he's so "hardcore". I'd be surprised if Twisted Metal sells well today. I think its style is past its prime. But who knows, maybe I just don't "get it" and it's what peoples have been waiting for. I doubt it since it's basically War Hawk on with wheels and that game didn't set the world on fire back when the PS3 didn't have anything else to play on PSN.

It might have been popular because it was fun, especially as a multiplayer game.

PS. I hated Warhawk.

kain_kusanagi said:

I loved and still love it! I dont think it will sell well because it hasnt got a masssive fanbase such as COD, FIFA, Battlefield, Madden etc but its still gonna be a brilliant game.

Whats warhawk?

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

chris.m95 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

I loved and still love it! I dont think it will sell well because it hasnt got a masssive fanbase such as COD, FIFA, Battlefield, Madden etc but its still gonna be a brilliant game.

Whats warhawk?

WarHawk is the multiplayer only arial vehicular combat game that came out early on the PS3. You fly around and try to take out the other players. It's kind of like Twisted Metal in the sky. It bombed pretty hard which is why I think they've decided to take the franchise in a new direction with StarHawk. It's a shame, because I really liked the original WarHawk on the PSX when it was a mission based single player action game with cheesy FMV cutscenes.

axumblade said:
kain_kusanagi said:
chris.m95 said:
kain_kusanagi said:

Whats warhawk?

WarHawk is the multiplayer only arial vehicular combat game that came out early on the PS3. You fly around and try to take out the other players. It's kind of like Twisted Metal in the sky. It bombed pretty hard which is why I think they've decided to take the franchise in a new direction with StarHawk. It's a shame, because I really liked the original WarHawk on the PSX when it was a mission based single player action game with cheesy FMV cutscenes.

Warhawk didn't really have much of a choice with sales considering it was an online based game from around the time when PS3 wasn't doing so hot and the majority of the other games the system offered were single player. It also doesn't help with sales data that Warhawk was downloadable shortly after the PS3 finally started to pick up some steam.

sounds cool might get it

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network

I can't believe you never heard of Warhawk. I played the demo (downloaded it from the PS store) long time ago. It's pretty good. Check out the PS store. The demo might still be there. If not, look it up on YouTube and let me know what you think.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

The multilayer demo is available right now. My verdict Hard freaking core.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share