By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft Points to be discontinued

NightDragon83 said:
As long as they don't get rid of the retail cards for XBL Gold memberships and currency, I'm happy. I so do enjoy buying these cards for less than their actual value online, thus saving me a bundle of money over time, especially when it comes to renewing my annual Gold membership.

That's exactly what people are missing here.

As a member of Bing Rewards, I earn points basically for using (and learning how to use) Bing every day (you'd be crazy not to sign up as it's free).  I've used those points to get free stuff like ... MS points!  I've also gotten points just for subscribing to their newsletter.  If this changes to actual money, giving away stuff like this becomes a lot more complicated and may actually go away.

I personally don't see the big issue with MS points now that I understand the dollar correlation and we can purchase in low amounts now.

Around the Network

Yes thank you, now I won't have to wait for xbla games to come to psn anymore.
I guess you get to use your remainder points as a discount when they switch over? I still have 200 something useless points in my account.

Worst thing of the system was, a friend of mine bought me a points card as a gift, however since it was an American card it would not work on my Canadian 360. Canadian Xbox live points cost more then American ones so I guess that's why they walled it off.

Steam works the best for me, charges in US dollars, no tax added.

no wtf. they better not.

im not putting CC info in so i buy cards. then i will get fucked with stupid amounts of money left on the account that is completely useless like on psn.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I prefer the way they do it now. Hopefully, they don't remove MS points.

Hooray for them, but this is also letting you know the new structure they want in place for the next box.