By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Italy default on its debt?

After years of bad governing, Italy is in a bad situation. Signs are pointing to default and such a situation could prove economically catastrophic for the rest of Europe and the worldwide economy. Will Italy default on its debt obligations? How will this affect other countries across the globe?

-Edited by Montana

AstroMaSSi rules

Around the Network

I'm not certain whether you're asking whether Italy will default or whether Italy should default, but I think the answer to both questions is yes ...

What?!!

I don't really understand what you're asking :S

BasilZero said:
I think he means "Will Italy Default in terms of its economy?"

Not sure about Italy's financial situation, though I heard Greece has already defaulted?

Although it is basically inevitable, I'm pretty sure that Greece hasn't defaulted yet

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

I reserve the right as a moderator to make this thread legible. And I shall.

Okay hopefully that's a bit better. I don't really know enough about Italy's economic situation to make a very informative OP.

I think Italy won't default and shouldn't do. A scenario where one of the most important economies of Europe don't pay the debts is so catastrophic I cannot imagine what could happen. Greece is in a totally different situation, very close to the abyss, but from a global point of view it's a very small country. In your opinion the possibility of the worst scenario is real, and, if your answer is yes, it's something that could drive to a disaster also USA?

AstroMaSSi rules

I wonder when all the counties in the world will realize they're all in debt and just wipe everything clean.

darkknightkryta said:
I wonder when all the counties in the world will realize they're all in debt and just wipe everything clean.

I think someone else could become nervous... Banks, trusts, traders put money on the table to finance the debt. Everything is connected at the end, so to cancel the debt seems to me very difficult.

AstroMaSSi rules

AstroMaSSi said:
darkknightkryta said:

I think someone else could become nervous... Banks, trusts, traders put money on the table to finance the debt. Everything is connected at the end, so to cancel the debt seems to me very difficult.

Yeah but let's be realistic, no government is ever going to pay back their debts.  Start clean and do things right.