By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's dead. Get used to it.

Kodak died this week. Polaroid is still going.

Kodak turned down digital photography because it hurt their core business, just as Sony turned down mp3 as a threat to their music monopoly corporations.

What else did Sony turn down?

MOTION CONTROL!

Sony could have rebranded the PS2 and added Sony Sports but instead of hurting their 'Playmovie-station games' they continued with their hardcore interactive entertainment.

Now they're so busy trying to fight on all fronts they can't even succeed in launching a games machine (excluding the PSPGo).

If the PS4 doesn't include holodecks, then it and Sony goes the way of the personal radio and personal casette player. Walk man.

It's a good job they didn't make any beloved franchises that stand the test of time.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Man how do you get away with threads like these time after time!

I did not understand the single word you wrote there

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

RolStoppable said:
Gaming wouldn't be the same without Sony. Who am I supposed to make fun of, if Sony is gone?

New nintendo.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Sometimes, I think eugenics might not be a bad idea.

The Vita is a fantastic handheld with a lot of potential.

someone should have quoted him! What was he saying?

once upon a time Apple was dead. now its zombie corpse has eaten the brains of hundreds of millions of people.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

dany612 said:
someone should have quoted him! What was he saying?

He said that something was dead and that is against the forum rules.

BTW, the Vita is a fantastic handheld with a lot of potential.