By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - anonymous-threaten to take downxbox live servers

http://www.thisisxbox.com/360/anonymous-threaten-to-take-down-xbox-live-servers/

Anonymous, the global-collective hacking group has threatened to hit servers, including Xbox LIVE over the FBI take-down of MegaUpload.

Having already taken down websites that include those of the US Department of Justice and Universal Music Group, demands are now being made that if MegaUpload is not restored within 72 hours – The UN, Xbox Live, US Bank, Capital One, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube will be struck down.

Megaupload is an online Hong Kong–based company that was established in 2005 offering a one-click hosting service that was riddled with online piracy, a fault of its users and not the service provider. The site was shut down without due process by the U.S. Justice Department on January 19th, 2012 during an investigation into alleged copyright infringement. It’s worth noting that this has nothing to do withSOPA or PIPA which is a comletely separate issue.

MegaUpload says they’re going to fight back, as quoted by their lawyer Ira Rothken:

The company is looking at its legal options for getting back its servers and its domain and getting its servers back up online. Megaupload will vigorously defend itself. It is really offensive to say that just because people can upload bad things, therefore Megaupload is automatically responsible.

Anonymous have kick started a campaign dubbed #OpMegaUpload to get the service restored with retaliation attacks set to take place over the new few days. If you sign into Xbox LIVE and it’s not available – you know why !!

We are unaware of how Microsoft are dealing with the threat.

there is a vid at the link. i would embed it but it's hit or miss for me. mostly miss.

Around the Network

If they make any effort to take down XBL servers, their support will drop drastically.

Just look at the PSN take-down, that didn't win them/whoever any points.

I'll also personally be against them.

What does XBox have to do with MegaUpload?
Why should MS suffer for something they don't have anything to do with? O_O

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Yes leave the gamers alone. When they take down a site and servers they need to think about who it really effects. Leave youtube alone also, didn't they see that Google also is against SOPA. Google went out of their way to change their website a bit to speak out against it. Doesn't make sense.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

manuel said:
What does XBox have to do with MegaUpload?
Why should MS suffer for something they don't have anything to do with? O_O

Around the Network

This....this doesn't....why- why would you- I mean- wha- why would- I don't- damn it this shit makes no sense!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I think there is a thread on this already. But that one dog picture was funny Nsanity! XD

Millenium said:
If they make any effort to take down XBL servers, their support will drop drastically.

Just look at the PSN take-down, that didn't win them/whoever any points.

I'll also personally be against them.

They have no concern about support from random internet posters or anybody for that matter.  They only care about themselves which is why they will go after anybody because public opinion doesn't matter.  I think they have done stuff to piss of every person on the planet.