By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil Revelations’ First Low Review

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Did this need its own thread?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

BasilZero said:
Christian973 said:
Did this need its own thread?

I guess it doesnt since Ryan forgot to tell me he posted it somewhere else ~.~

How do you close threads?

There's only 2 low reviews from GamesTM and EDGE. Both 6/10. You need to contact a mod to close it for you i think. 

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

You know, EDGE is always seeking for new things, so this step on the back of the series it's not the thing for 'em.

It's a style, i nevermind.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Regardless of the score, I always have respect for what Edge has to say. Admittedly, I rarely agree with them, but I think they look at video games in an analytical way that other sources often struggle to do, or simply don't do at all. They are renowned for their criticism, though this doesn't make me worry for RER's over all score. This same magazine gave Metroid Prime 3 a 7 after all. I expect this'll be an outlier, though a necessary one for people who are more analytical of the games they play.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
spurgeonryan said:
I saw this somewhere. Kind of interesting. Oh yeah I posted it in the Resident evil demo thread.

They give it so much praise , then give it a 6/10. But they gave Zelda a 10 so I cannot be mad at them.

When exactly does the game take place in the RE storyline?

Between Resident Evil 4 and 5, in the year 2005.

OT: Games TM Magazine gave it 6/10 before Edge.

After playing the demo, if the game is just more of that for a good 6-10 hours I fail to see how it warrants a 6/10. Especially since I have yet to experience the co-op. I also found the sidestep a much welcomed mechanic. They probably complain about the quick 180degree turn also. Heaven forbid I'm controlling a human and not a robot from a poorly written sci-fi novel.

Panama said:
After playing the demo, if the game is just more of that for a good 6-10 hours I fail to see how it warrants a 6/10. Especially since I have yet to experience the co-op. I also found the sidestep a much welcomed mechanic. They probably complain about the quick 180degree turn also. Heaven forbid I'm controlling a human and not a robot from a poorly written sci-fi novel.

Everybody knows you can't do a quick 180 degrees turn without a mouse. Anything else is just cheating.

I can't see this being a 6/10 from the demo I played. I was hoping for more of an isolated experience from this game but you can always turn off the voices if you can't stand the chatter that much. Being able to sidestep is not a reason to lower the score it is a much needed addition to the series.

After just watching the Resident Evil 6 trailer, I can safely say Edge are going to have a field day whining about the new TPS mechanics. They claim they prefer originality over anything then proceed to give titles such as Halo 3 a 10/10, they have the same journalistic integrity as Famitsu the way I see it.

Before I get my head bitten off, it wasn't a stab at Halo 3, it was a stab at Edge's inconsistency in its reviews, Halo 3 was a good game.