By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - At $400 billion, Apple is worth more than Greece

Apple is still a company that put out overpriced crap, I'll never buy a Apple product.

Didn't even know Greece was worth that much anymore :-p

Around the Network
Millenium said:
Apple is still a company that put out overpriced crap, I'll never buy a Apple product.

Apple is a company that ONLY makes quality products. Love them or hate them, You have to respect them for what they have done to the electronic industry.

Cant say the samething for Microsoft....

And this is why we can't have nice things on Vgchartz. We have a thread about Apple and the very first response is about how the products suck. Fantastic.

Just for the future, any baseless trolling like that later in this thread will be a warning or ban.

Truly mind blowing what this company has done both financially and shaping modern consumer and design culture. In 96' it was around three months away from going bankrupt or atleast in a really bad position. Just finished reading Steve Jobs biography. It is quite a story showcasing many thing which are part of our daily life. Whether one is apple user or not. Personally i've only used Iphone as other products i find quite a bit expensive.

What the? O_o
I knew Apple was worth a lot, but... wow.
Congrats, iDevices are fantastic and unmatched.

Around the Network
ThePS3News said:
Millenium said:

Apple is a company that ONLY makes quality products. Love them or hate them, You have to respect them for what they have done to the electronic industry.

Well said. The influence on modern electronic gadgets and graphic user interface of windows and other operating systems is quite apparent. 

ThePS3News said:
Millenium said:

Thats ignorant.

ThePS3News said:
Millenium said:

Apple doesn't manufacture most of it's products.
They buy chips from 3rd party manufacturers, namely Samsung.
The Apple A5 processor? That's not an Apple design. That is an Arm design backed up with an old PC manufacturer-gone mobile PowerVR graphics chip and manufactured by Samsung.
Foxconn usually assembles everything.

Screens? Samsung, LG... You name it, the iPhone, iPod, iPad actually has more Samsung technology than Apples, so really the quality is a testament to Samsung, not Apple.

Apple's strength is that they secure the latest technology at a good price to get first-dibs exclusivity on it.
Even their Operating Systems aren't purely origional designs, they have firm roots in the Unix world.

Apple doesn't make "quality products" everyone else does it for them, Apple actually has very-low R&D expendeture.

Microsft probably has done allot more tech-worthy innovations than what Apple has done, Microsoft does allot collaboration with Developers and Manufacturers to set unified standards and advance technology which has benefitted the PC arena greatly (Which in turn trickles down to other platforms like the Xbox, Playstation and Wii with their Direct X standard used to guide the design of the graphics chips used in those consoles.)

Apple doesn't really get down and dirty with Developers and Manufacturers and supports them in the way that Microsoft does.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Man, looking at this Microsoft is seriously undervalued right now compared to some of its peers on a P/E or FCF basis...

spurgeonryan said:
Just bought an apple computer here for a family member. It is a super skinny Mac! It also has some sort of CD-rom that is not actually hooked to the computer, and the hardrive from what I am told is motionless. So I guess it may never break down. Or something like that. It is not mine, so I do not really touch it , it is for my step kids school. Really cool! I will find out what the actual hardware is later. So yeah Apple is a beast!

http://www.apple.com/macbookair/ That must be what you bought, it is a very high quality product and you're putting it to good use. The MacBook Air is also the current skiniest Laptop out there and one of the fastest everyday laptops too! Very good choice!