By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think that this year, I'll go insane over the Vita vs. 3DS battle

Well this past weeks i´ve been sick just of so many freaking sh** on N4G and other sites how bad Vita was doing and did... And people seem to be happy with Vita poor performance...

Know i ask those people, how in hell do you want a great Console to Fail ?? Vita is everything the portable market ever needed, a awesome machine with Ps3/360 like graphics and amazing touch screen.

Now with the Console coming on EU and US its gonna be insane, NPD days will be everyone Vita vs 3DS BS and im expecting 3DS to beat Vita by huge numbers wich is not what going to make me mad... the doom and gloom comment will.

Cant wa just move along and see how great Sony competiton is on the handheld market?? 

Around the Network

I didn't like the doom and gloom comments about the 3DS, but I don't remember nearly as many people complaining about those...

Anyway, yeah, the best you can do is ignore that stuff. Stay around here and hopefully it will be kept to a minimum. To be honest, as a Nintendo fan through and through, I do get some sense of schadenfreude from it all (I read a LOT of Sony fans' diatribe during 3DS' early days), but I try not to make any comments about it.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

RolStoppable said:
How about you just move along and ignore the doom and gloom, if you don't like it?

Oh, and by the way, if the Vita was everything the portable market ever needed, it would of course sell better than it does and will.

Fiat sells more than Ferrari

People like to say things are doomed. According to the doom meter, Square-Enix has been doomed since 2003. Nintendo was doomed a few months ago. Doomed during the gamecube era. People like to overreact.

Though I'm going to have to disagree with the PSVita being everything I ever wanted in a portable device. The DS, was and is my gold standard.

What undooms hardware is games that people want. The 3DS was doomed, and whatya know, soon as mario and mario kart are released it's doing dandy.

RolStoppable said:
How about you just move along and ignore the doom and gloom, if you don't like it?

Oh, and by the way, if the Vita was everything the portable market ever needed, it would of course sell better than it does and will.

No. Brand name sells stuff and Nintendo is more of a household name than Playstation.

Vita has everything you need a portable console(and then some), all it needs is the great software to take advantage of it. There's not a lot Sony can do about this, all they can do is wait and see if the public notices how great it is. Marketing can only go so far.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:

Well this past weeks i´ve been sick just of so many freaking sh** on N4G and other sites how bad Vita was doing and did... And people seem to be happy with Vita poor performance...

Know i ask those people, how in hell do you want a great Console to Fail ?? Vita is everything the portable market ever needed, a awesome machine with Ps3/360 like graphics and amazing touch screen.

Now with the Console coming on EU and US its gonna be insane, NPD days will be everyone Vita vs 3DS BS and im expecting 3DS to beat Vita by huge numbers wich is not what going to make me mad... the doom and gloom comment will.

Cant wa just move along and see how great Sony competiton is on the handheld market?? 

Just get over it. The same thing happened with the 3DS at launch and during its price cut.

Argh_College said:
RolStoppable said:

Ferrari doesn't want sell to the mass market.  Fiat, Nintendo, and Sony do.  Now if the vita costs $10,000 then the analogy would be valid.

RolStoppable said:
VGKing said:

No. Brand name sells stuff and Nintendo is more of a household name than Playstation.

Vita has everything you need a portable console(and then some), all it needs is the great software to take advantage of it. There's not a lot Sony can do about this, all they can do is wait and see if the public notices how great it is. Marketing can only go so far.

Sure, because PlayStation is such a small brand now. Besides, it's software that sells hardware, not the brand name.

Do you even read what you type? First you say that the Vita needs great software to take advantage of it and then you immediately follow it up by saying that there's not much Sony can do about this. Well, how about Sony makes and releases great software that takes advantage of the Vita? It's their handheld, so it's their job to make the games that demonstrate the value of it.

They are doing that. Did you not look at the launch titles? Lots of great software there. It needs more than just Uncharted though. It need great 3rd party support. That's something they can't control. 3rd parties tend to only be interested in a console once it has a large install base. 

Both software and brand name sells consoles. Nintendo has both. Uncharted isn't a household name like Super Mario.
There are 3rd party titles like COD which are household names. These titles once release will definitely boost Vita sales. But this is an Activision title, so who knows how much effort they will put into it. Will they just port the DS version of COD or make a brand new experience?

RolStoppable said:
Argh_College said:
RolStoppable said:

Now Rol, he ain't hurtin' nobody.

As long as Nintendo doesn't think they have it won already and keep delivering on big title games and extensive content on eshop, they should have no problem winning this battle!!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179