By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Rate this Musical Performance.

Tagged games:

Do you think she will have a long singing career?

Yes, most certainly 0 0%

No 1 11.11%

She has a singing career? 6 66.67%

I saw nothing wrong with it. 1 11.11%

Who is Demi Moore. 0 0%

other 1 11.11%

Total:9

I got 45 seconds into it and had to stop ... simply brutal.

Had this been one of my niece and nephews' recitals I would say that her singing was below average for the older teenage girls.

Around the Network

Damn no more cant take it 0/10

Hey I'm being very generous right now.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Well it was better than.....cancer

I give her a 2.5/10. I've heard worse (Nirvana) but she is near the bottom.

Can I have the one minute of my life back that I spent watching that crap?

Eh, she's deeply lacking in her lower register and is trying too hard to make up for her lack of natural vibrato. Her falsetto is decent but she quickly loses the key when she tries to do runs. As for the song, I highly doubt she wrote it, it was probably done by a production/songwriting team, so yes it is rather generic. She doesn't have the vocal strength to sing over the musical breaks, something pop songs love, often with the staccato strings, as in this song. I'd give it around a 5, far from the worst I've ever heard but even farther from great. She's also 19 years old, and her vocal maturity probably isn't at its max yet, so she could get better.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

I have a decently strong background in both performance and production, and I certainly agree that by and large, most traditional "pop" stars are made and not found. On most records there is an abundance of pitch correction, the process often referred to as autotuning, whereby one's vocal blemishes are erased and your performance sounds perfect, if inorganic. However, this is much harder to do live, so you often get to hear the singer's actual vocal quality, which here isn't very strong. I've heard some Katy Perry performances that are excruciating, as well as the Taylor Swift debacle at the grammy's  a year or two ago. You can hear on early Miley Cyrus songs, her voice has undergone less production and her accent and natural vocal quiality stand out as opposed to her later songs where she sounds like a completely different person. I would not call Miley, Britney or Demi a good singer, but Christina Aguilera actually happens to have one of the finest voices of this or any other generation, and I encourage you to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaQvHlagFs

as an example of a pop artist who can sing her face off. She does pick some terrible songs, as of late Lady Gaga ripoffs, which is shame. I think it's always been the curse of pop music that the focus is on the individual rather than the music itself. You can trace it back to groups like the Monkees, a group whose members literally didn't know how to play their own instruments. In the end, pop music is rarely the place to find the forefront of artistic expression, but 13 year old kids love it and there's nothing wrong with that. They just shouldn't listen to the live performances too much haha. 

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I'll give a 2 for (+1) going on the stage and (+1) for not lipsinking. Not that great imo but I don't think I'm the audience that she is appealing to. But I am a peoples.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Let's say that if that was a Singstar performance....she wouldn't go past 500 points in that song

How the hell is that called musical talent, I don't even know.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Top comment on Youtube:

"So it wasn't perfect vocally... but let's face it, the -performance- was EPIC. So energetic and passionate!! That's why I really love her... cause she puts so much into it :)

So pretty much I think SHE SLAYED"

What the fuck is this?

It's pretty bad, but not worse than most similar pop songs.