By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ps3 vs gamecube

ok guys im very excited to be making a thread right now this is so awesome! bare with me n my excitement for being able to participate again! :)

anyways, i am working right now at the little game shop i work at, and this lady was buying a gamecube, right? and her bf was all into his ps3 and kind of talking smack on the poor little cube.

well, being me, i decided to stick up for the gamecube and make the totally outrageous claim that maybe, i dunno, the gamecube is better than the ps3? he didnt take to this very well. but instead of taking the route of talking up the ps3, he decided to talk down on the gamecube. "that piece of crap sucked, and the wii is even worse!"

yeah, well the only point i bothered to make at all is that windwaker (that was one game she was buying) actually held its value, and there are going to be no games on ps3 that are going to sell for the price a lot of gamecube games, such as windwaker, sell for. it was the only point i wanted to make because i like to keep my arguments focused.

but that isnt the good part, my coworker friend came up and i asked, 'which do you prefer, ps3 or gamecube?'

he was like, 'im not getting into this' but the girl pushed and said, no really, which do you like better.

his response: "... gamecube"

the guy was completely at a loss for words. it was as if he had no concept that somebody may actually like the gamecube. and like it MORE than the ps3 for that matter!

overall it was a good experience. we opened up somebody's mind, and since there is going to be a gamecube in the house, maybe he will change his ways/mind?

if any of you were at the store at that moment, which would you have said? i think something interesting to point out is that the ps3 and the gamecube are not as different as some may think. both have very unique games that are specific to the console.

Around the Network

Sidenote: Pikmin 2, used, is currently $40, more expensive than God of War 3, Portal 2, and as expensive as GT5. And that is a retailer's price, so Nintendo has nothing to do with that,

I would have actually answered Gamecube to every single videogame system except the SNES.
Mario Kart: Double Dash is the best racing game ever, people disliked it because it changed their so loved formula.
The Pikmin games are the best RTS games of all time.
Paper Mario TTYD is brilliant, a really creative and fun RPG.
Luigi's Mansion was very unique, it is also one of my favorite games of all time, people hate becuase it was different.
Mario Party 6 and Mario Power Tennis were excellent spin-offs.
Gamecube has both Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker, both in my favorite games of all time.
Mario Sunshine wasn't perfect, but it was still okay.

There are a ton of amazing and underrated Gamecubve jewels, and as I said, Gamecube is my second favorite videogame system ever,

morenoingrato said:
Sidenote: Pikmin 2, used, is currently $40, more expensive than God of War 3, Portal 2, and as expensive as GT5. And that is a retailer's price, so Nintendo has nothing to do with that,

I would have actually answered Gamecube to every single videogame system except the SNES.
Mario Kart: Double Dash is the best racing game ever, people disliked it because it changed their so loved formula.
Luigi's Mansion was very unique, it is also one of my favorite games of all time, people hate becuase it was different.
Gamecube has both Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker, both in my favorite games of all time.

There are a ton of amazing and underrated Gamecubve jewels, and as I said, Gamecube is my second favorite videogame system ever,

wow, really, gamecube above everything except the SNES? lol thats pretty bold!

i totally agree with your first statement about the value of gamecube games. retailers sell the system much cheaper than xbox/ps2, but if you look at the games, gamecube has by far the most expensive games. and, as you said, it has nothing to do with nintendo.

i do have a bone to pick with your assertion that mario kart double dash is the best racer ever. i have run into people who believe that double dash is the best mario kart and i just dont see it! to me, the snes, ds, and wii versions totally blow that one out of the water. especially the wii version. a lot of people say the wii version goes way overboard with the items, but so does double dash! the items in that game are completely out of control.

no disagreement about pikmin.

no disagreement about paper mario

luigis mansion. yes very unique.. cant say i hate it, but at the same time i cant say its like a 9.5 game.

never played power tennis. cant comment. but seriously, mario parties were getting a little ridiculous. i played 4 and 5 extensively and was not impressed in the least. 6 and 7 i have played, but have not given that much time.

twilight princess.. i liked a lot. wind waker.. i didnt. i just didnt. it wasnt fun.

mario sunshine was a lot of fun. better than wind waker, id say, but still its admittedly a weak mario title.

BasilZero said:
I could of sworn I posted in this thread..

you did. and i commented on that post, and that dissappeared somehow as well..

angrypoolman said:
morenoingrato said:

wow, really, gamecube above everything except the SNES? lol thats pretty bold!

i totally agree with your first statement about the value of gamecube games. retailers sell the system much cheaper than xbox/ps2, but if you look at the games, gamecube has by far the most expensive games. and, as you said, it has nothing to do with nintendo.

i do have a bone to pick with your assertion that mario kart double dash is the best racer ever. i have run into people who believe that double dash is the best mario kart and i just dont see it! to me, the snes, ds, and wii versions totally blow that one out of the water. especially the wii version. a lot of people say the wii version goes way overboard with the items, but so does double dash! the items in that game are completely out of control.

no disagreement about pikmin.

no disagreement about paper mario

luigis mansion. yes very unique.. cant say i hate it, but at the same time i cant say its like a 9.5 game.

never played power tennis. cant comment. but seriously, mario parties were getting a little ridiculous. i played 4 and 5 extensively and was not impressed in the least. 6 and 7 i have played, but have not given that much time.

twilight princess.. i liked a lot. wind waker.. i didnt. i just didnt. it wasnt fun.

mario sunshine was a lot of fun. better than wind waker, id say, but still its admittedly a weak mario title.

Could you use capital letters? That post was a pain to read.

Mario Kart, I don't know, I adored every single minute of it and I still play it, unlike any other versions.

Mario Tennis was great, sadly, the Wii port was horrible.

I loved MP6, the minigames were really crazy and the modes very fun.

Luigi's Mansion was so amazing, I can say I actually like it better than any Galaxy game.

Mario Sunshine was a wak Mario, but it was still decent.