By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Japanese Retailers drop Vita 3G price

http://playfront.de/ps-vita-japanische-handler-senken-preis-um-20-prozent/

Google translate:

As it seems, is now also make Japanese traders worried about the sales of the PS Vita and have therefore reduced the price independently of the 3G version.

Thus, the device is to get in some cases for the equivalent of 250 , but what should be temporary. According to the dealer is the WiFi version more popular and you want to reduce the price by reducing the 3G version of its own stocks.

Should it continue to come to the unit sales problems and pursue the dealers with further price cuts pressure on Sony, it might actually come to an official price cut of the PS Vita, as recently happened with the PSP Go.

------------------------------
>_> can any of our japanse members confirm?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Just like the 3DS, the days of a 200+ $/Y/E handheld are clearly over.

well that was quick

The should have named it Vita 3Go. I don't think this model will last long and it'll probably do beyond terrible in the west.

Which means they're going to ask for less 3G stock. Given we've seen the data plans, does anyone else think the 3G version is gonna go the way of the go?

Around the Network

I don't think they will drop the 3G version... if Sony wants it to be a succes with as a multimedia device with instant messaging, internet, video and music store, a 3G connection is a must especially if the device has to last at least 6 years on the market.. can't really see the Vita in 2014 without 3G.. then again the iPod Touch doesn't have a 3G version and is doing more then fine..

NiKKoM said:
I don't think they will drop the 3G version... if Sony wants it to be a succes with as a multimedia device with instant messaging, internet, video and music store, a 3G connection is a must especially if the device has to last at least 6 years on the market.. can't really see the Vita in 2014 without 3G.. then again the iPod Touch doesn't have a 3G version and is doing more then fine..

The problem is, everyone and their cats already have a 3G/4G smartphones for doing all of that.

I think them banking on the 3G more so they don't lose as much per unit.

there was a time when i was debating on which version of the vita i would want. having seen the data plans it's an easy choice. no fucking way i'm paying $15 per month in service fees when i have a phone i already pay for that does the same things in terms of communications.

online gameplay would be great but with no one else getting a 3G model it is obvious that i wouldn't have anyone to play against anyways. now if the vita was a phone too i could justify the costs but not as a dedicated gaming device.

Galaki said:
NiKKoM said:

The problem is, everyone and their cats already have a 3G/4G smartphones for doing all of that.

I think them banking on the 3G more so they don't lose as much per unit.

true, but my cat has a high disposable income so he wouldn't mind paying another 3G subscription... Sony will keep the 3G version for cats like him...

kitler53 said:
there was a time when i was debating on which version of the vita i would want. having seen the data plans it's an easy choice. no fucking way i'm paying $15 per month in service fees when i have a phone i already pay for that does the same things in terms of communications.

online gameplay would be great but with no one else getting a 3G model it is obvious that i wouldn't have anyone to play against anyways. now if the vita was a phone too i could justify the costs but not as a dedicated gaming device.

I'm going with the wifi model as well because my phone has tethering so I would do it that way. But your not buying the 3g version because of no one to play with? I thought people with wifi models would still be able to play online so shouldn't you be able to play with them while you 3g on the go?