By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want that's different in Grand Theft Auto 5?

Tagged games:

Do you want this game on the Wii U?

Yes 9 30.00%

Yes, I want to see what t... 4 13.33%

Noe 14 46.67%

Maybe 2 6.67%

other 0 0%

Will there be 3DS connect... 1 3.33%

Total:30

I hope this game is on next gen consoles instead and I hope its not on wii-u because from what I hear it will seriously bring down the xbox720 and ps4 versions

Around the Network

I want planes back damn it.

Marks said:
lewisgerm said:
Marks said:
A) Car customization and a garage that you can save multiple cars in (Like in Saints Row 3)

i dont know about you, but more car customization is not going to make the gta series any more innovative or 'better.' wouldnt you want something that actually improves the series in any significant way?

B) More ridiculous weapons like flamethrowers, miniguns, etc. Realism is cool but there needs to be crazy fun shit.

again, this just seems to be some surface level upgrade that is not going to improve the game in any significant way

C) Airplanes and Tanks. Self explanatory.

well, i can actually see this. it isnt a hardcore game without airplanes and tanks. so we definitely need more of those.

D) Online free mode but with more options like cheats, as well as settings. Also you should be able to do everything in online free mode that you can do in single player.

'cheats' isnt the end all be all of a game. i understand wanting to have fun with the game, but being able to play it in dk mode isnt going to improve the game in any significant way.

E) Improved shooting mechanics, like Uncharted or Gears.

ok so what youre proposing basically is a game that is less like grand theft auto, and more like uncharted or gears. makes sense. if i had the choice, i would choose some improved jumping mechanics like in super mario 3d land.

F) More crazy fun shit. This isn't specific at all, but I just want random fun things to do in game.

if youre looking for a game that is just random and fun i would just suggest playing fuzion frenzy or boom blox. these kinds of things dont belong in a gta game.

well i refuted your arguments

My responses to your responses:

A) How could car customization possibly be a bad thing? Half the time I've spent playing Saints Row 3 is collecting and customizing cars. Yeah it doesn't add anything to the mechanics of the game and is just a "surface upgrade" but it wouldn't be hard to implement and is a lot of fun for people like me.

it just seems to me that if you could pick anything there is to pick, it isnt going to be some sort of surface level upgrade. because if thats the only thing you could ask for, then youre just going to end up with the same exact game but with different colors and designs on the cars

B) Why would you not want crazy weapons? I'm not talking about made up laser weapons and shit, miniguns and flamethrowers are both very real, and were in previous games. If you don't want em then don't use them, but I'm sure more people would be happy to have them then would be pissed off because of them. 

i would be pissed off because if thats all i got i would be like wtf. the last gta came out in 2008, it would be nice if there were some sort of actual significant improvement.

C) Glad we agree

lol we dont though. i was being silly when i said that tanks and stuff make a game more hardcore. because it doesnt. lol.

D) I ONLY mean cheats for online free roam in a private match with your friends. And really I just mean cheats like all guns and what-not. Me and my friends would always run around and collect every gun on the map (with full ammo) and then find a spot to hold out for as long as possible from the cops before we die. It would be nice if there was just an all guns cheat so we could skip the 20 minutes of collecting every gun and go straight to the action! I'm not talking about stupid shit like "big head mode" or whatever, just stuff like all guns, invincibility if you want it, spawning cars, etc. There's really no reason not to have them if its just a private/unranked match. And as I said for point B, if you don't want em don't use em...

well i dont know what country youre from, but where i am, cheating is against the law. it can get you kicked out of school, or thrown in prison.

E) I'm not talking about all the jumping/platforming from uncharted, just simply the shooting/aiming system. The aiming system in GTAIV wasn't gamebreaking but really kinda sucked, it would be nice if it was a lot smoother like in Uncharted/Gears. That's all I was saying...I'm not talking about making the gameplay like Uncharted or Gears. I don't know why anyone would be against a smoother, improved aiming system.

i would not be pissed off with a smoother aiming system, i would just be severely dissappointed if the game comes out and its the same thing but at least it has smoother aiming now.

F) This was just a general statement, I meant things like mini-games, strip clubs, hookers, etc. And how can you possibly say random fun things don't belong in GTA? What about things like Kill Frenzies like back in GTA2 where it gives you a random weapon and you have to kill as many people as possible in a certain time period...you don't call that random fun shit? GTA is built on random fun shit...it didn't become "realistic" until GTA4. 

gta is not a party game. its a serious game.

Oh and also one more thing I should have put in my original list is bringing back gangs like in GTA2. I missed out on GTA3/Vice/San Andreas (parents didn't let me play them, was too young at the time) so I don't know if they had this but GTA2 which I did play had a really sweet gang system where you could gain or lose respect from various gangs and that would determine whether they would try to kill you, help you, or just leave you alone. It added a really fun element to the game. I wish there were gangs in GTAV. 

gta isnt an rpg. it shouldnt have any elements of gaining or losing respect. this isnt mass effect, this is gta.

lewisgerm said:
Marks said:
lewisgerm said:
Marks said:

My responses to your responses:

A) How could car customization possibly be a bad thing? Half the time I've spent playing Saints Row 3 is collecting and customizing cars. Yeah it doesn't add anything to the mechanics of the game and is just a "surface upgrade" but it wouldn't be hard to implement and is a lot of fun for people like me.

it just seems to me that if you could pick anything there is to pick, it isnt going to be some sort of surface level upgrade. because if thats the only thing you could ask for, then youre just going to end up with the same exact game but with different colors and designs on the cars

B) Why would you not want crazy weapons? I'm not talking about made up laser weapons and shit, miniguns and flamethrowers are both very real, and were in previous games. If you don't want em then don't use them, but I'm sure more people would be happy to have them then would be pissed off because of them. 

i would be pissed off because if thats all i got i would be like wtf. the last gta came out in 2008, it would be nice if there were some sort of actual significant improvement.

C) Glad we agree

lol we dont though. i was being silly when i said that tanks and stuff make a game more hardcore. because it doesnt. lol.

D) I ONLY mean cheats for online free roam in a private match with your friends. And really I just mean cheats like all guns and what-not. Me and my friends would always run around and collect every gun on the map (with full ammo) and then find a spot to hold out for as long as possible from the cops before we die. It would be nice if there was just an all guns cheat so we could skip the 20 minutes of collecting every gun and go straight to the action! I'm not talking about stupid shit like "big head mode" or whatever, just stuff like all guns, invincibility if you want it, spawning cars, etc. There's really no reason not to have them if its just a private/unranked match. And as I said for point B, if you don't want em don't use em...

well i dont know what country youre from, but where i am, cheating is against the law. it can get you kicked out of school, or thrown in prison.

E) I'm not talking about all the jumping/platforming from uncharted, just simply the shooting/aiming system. The aiming system in GTAIV wasn't gamebreaking but really kinda sucked, it would be nice if it was a lot smoother like in Uncharted/Gears. That's all I was saying...I'm not talking about making the gameplay like Uncharted or Gears. I don't know why anyone would be against a smoother, improved aiming system.

i would not be pissed off with a smoother aiming system, i would just be severely dissappointed if the game comes out and its the same thing but at least it has smoother aiming now.

F) This was just a general statement, I meant things like mini-games, strip clubs, hookers, etc. And how can you possibly say random fun things don't belong in GTA? What about things like Kill Frenzies like back in GTA2 where it gives you a random weapon and you have to kill as many people as possible in a certain time period...you don't call that random fun shit? GTA is built on random fun shit...it didn't become "realistic" until GTA4. 

gta is not a party game. its a serious game.

Oh and also one more thing I should have put in my original list is bringing back gangs like in GTA2. I missed out on GTA3/Vice/San Andreas (parents didn't let me play them, was too young at the time) so I don't know if they had this but GTA2 which I did play had a really sweet gang system where you could gain or lose respect from various gangs and that would determine whether they would try to kill you, help you, or just leave you alone. It added a really fun element to the game. I wish there were gangs in GTAV. 

gta isnt an rpg. it shouldnt have any elements of gaining or losing respect. this isnt mass effect, this is gta.

Geez dude you're hard as shit to agree with. 

Is GTAIV your first GTA game or something? Because by the sound of it you hate everything that's been in previous games such as tanks, ridiculous weapons, gang systems, and other stuff I've named. You keep stressing how GTA is a serious series and not a "party game" but until GTAIV it was what you would consider a party game. I admit my only GTA games I've played extensively are GTA2, Vice City and GTAIV...but from what I've played from GTA2 and Vice its definintely not that serious and is geared more towards fun than realism. 

I do like it being a bit more realistic/serious but if it gets too realistic it runs the risk of becoming boring. 

And why the hell were you being sarcastic about tanks? Tanks are awesome. 

I want a double in the game

Around the Network

Chinatown Wars kinda had a zombie mode thing- it was only short though

I hope they go a bit less serious for GTA 5- like what San Andreas was, for example

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Just GTA 5.