By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect Vs. Move: One Year Later

sales2099 said:

Required games only shows how well they are doing on their own merits. Thats why its important to see that in this context.

That still doen't change the fact that comparing required and optional games on Move/Kinect makes little sense, because there's a very good reason Kinect has so few optional games:

Gamepad and Kinect are so inheritly different that it's simply almost impossible to let the gamer choose between Kinect motion controls and traditional controller based controls.

That's different with the Move. Since Move has buttons, an analogue stick etc., using Move in a game that can also be played with a traditional controller is usually much less of a problem. So why should Move developers release "required" games that can ONLY be played with the Move  when this decision effectively reduces their potential customer base by about 80%?

Comparing "required" Kinect/Move games thus only makes sense when you are for example comparing average review scores - comparing absolute numbers of "required" games however is simply comparing apples and oranges.

Around the Network
ArnoldRimmer said:
sales2099 said:

Required games only shows how well they are doing on their own merits. Thats why its important to see that in this context.

That still doen't change the fact that comparing required and optional games on Move/Kinect makes little sense, because there's a very good reason Kinect has so few optional games:

Gamepad and Kinect are so inheritly different that it's simply almost impossible to let the gamer choose between Kinect motion controls and traditional controller based controls.

That's different with the Move. Since Move has buttons, an analogue stick etc., using Move in a game that can also be played with a traditional controller is usually much less of a problem. So why should Move developers release "required" games that can ONLY be played with the Move  when this decision effectively reduces their potential customer base by about 80%?

Comparing "required" Kinect/Move games thus only makes sense when you are for example comparing average review scores - comparing absolute numbers of "required" games however is simply comparing apples and oranges.

Well what devs are doing with Move would be ok if Move was actually a commercial success on the level of Kinect. Because it seems like making move specific games would be a waste of resources and it would be easier to just tack it on to games that people use a dualshock 3 on. 

You can give us lists of Move compatible games but its just theatricality, an artificial way of inflating its games when in reality core gamers dont care. 

Thats why dedicated games is important...it really tells you how they stand on their own

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DirtyP2002 said:
osamanobama said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Damnyouall said:

What's the point of this thread? Move has serious (=non-casual) games like GoldenEye 007:Reloaded, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis & Deadstorm Pirates, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Dead Space Extraction HD, MAG, Socom 4, The Sly Collection, Little Big Planet 2, and many many more. Upcoming: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection.

Kinect has none of these, but instead there is stuff like Kinectimals and dancing games. So if you are a core gamer, what's there to discuss?

ohh one of these "core gamers are elite gamers BS - posts" again.

I am a core gamer and I play and prefer Kinect over Move.
Why? because casual games on a casual device make sense (Kinect). Core games on a casual device don't make sense (Move). Me and pretty much everyone else prefer the controller for core titles anyway.

The Move is a Wiimote copy. There is nothing to argue about. It failed to show something that makes it superior than the Wii. In fact games like Wii Sports, Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy is head an shoulders above everything Sony has done in the past 15 months. (Sales AND Quality).

I just got Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports Season 2 and Sonic Free Riders for Xmas and I will have a blast with it together with friends. Other than that I am currently playing Skyrim and will start Rage after that. This core vs casual crap needs to stop.

good for you?

doesnt change the fact that Move has actual core games, with many that work great with it, and are in fact superior with it. see: Killzone, MAG, and SOCOM.

how the move is just a casual device is beyond me.

and how you think the Move is just a wiimote copy, while Kinect is original is also beyond me. i guess you just ignore the facts that Move had been in development and had been shown before the wii was even rumored.

and this whole you putting down everything Sony/playstation crap needs to stop. seriously its almost every single post, we get it, you like xbox... A LOT.

If these core games with Move support were what core gamers want, Move would actually sell, but it doesn't. Move, or any motion control scheme, is more a casual experience. Move failed for the casuals as well, because there is a "been there done that" felling that comes with it.

This Move had been in development before the Wii was announced is fanboy talk. There are hundreds of different concepts in the work at Sony, Nintendo and MS. Nintendo was the only one that had the balls to bet on motion controls big time. It is not about concepts on drawing boards - you have to do the next step and bring it to the market. That is what Nintendo did 4 years earlier than Sony. And in these 4 years all Sony came up with is more or less the same experience as the Wiimote with bad software support.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I like the Xbox.

how has Move failed? how is 8.8 million sales as of June 2011 a fail? thats 9 months after release. you are delerious.

No, thats not fanboy talk. its fact theres videos of it. they clearly show the eyetoy being used to track a wand with a colorful ball on top. its dated way before wii, and its right there on youtube for you. wether or not you choose to ignore these facts is up to you. but saying its fanboy talk is a straight up lie.

bad software support? really? Killzone, Heavy Rain, inFAMOUS, Resisdent evil, LBP2, MLB THE SHOW, Resistance 3, inFAMOUS: festival of blood, echochrome, sports champions, eyepet, deadmunds quest, Tiger Woods, tumble, etc. 

bad software support! yeah not so much. try great software support. with many games that are actually better because of it.

Slimebeast said:
osamanobama said:
Slimebeast said:
Damnyouall said:

What's the point of this thread? Move has serious (=non-casual) games like GoldenEye 007:Reloaded, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis & Deadstorm Pirates, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Dead Space Extraction HD, MAG, Socom 4, The Sly Collection, Little Big Planet 2, and many many more. Upcoming: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection.

Kinect has none of these, but instead there is stuff like Kinectimals and dancing games. So if you are a core gamer, what's there to discuss?

Good point.

But do we even have members here on VGC who use Move with their Move-supported core games? I don't think I've ever heard of somebody who does so regularly. Honestly I think they all prefer to use the DualShock in games like Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, MAG and Sockom 4.

i never play killzone,, MAG or SOCOM without the Move. its vastly supperior to the DS3

Even Killzone? I am suspicous. I'd love to hear inputs from other Move owners.

especially Killzone 3. it is by far the best motion control implementation into an FPS ever.
i would never think of going into an online match using the DS3, and not the Move.

its just vastly supperior. and sniping with it could never be easier. i rape people in multiplayer. if it werent for me orginally starting with the DS3, my kill/death would be even higher than the 2.18 it is at now.

osamanobama said:
Slimebeast said:
osamanobama said:

i never play killzone,, MAG or SOCOM without the Move. its vastly supperior to the DS3

especially Killzone 3. it is by far the best motion control implementation into an FPS ever.
i would never think of going into an online match using the DS3, and not the Move.

its just vastly supperior. and sniping with it could never be easier. i rape people in multiplayer. if it werent for me orginally starting with the DS3, my kill/death would be even higher than the 2.18 it is at now.

So you admit that you're a rapist?

Anyway, I'm even considering Move because of this information. Btw, are you Halogamer1989?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Anyway, I'm even considering Move because of this information. Btw, are you Halogamer1989?

When you really think about it, aren't we all Halogamer1989?

Slimebeast said:
osamanobama said:
Slimebeast said:
osamanobama said:

no im obama-chngweneed

hut i will say it took a little practice. when the beta came out a month before the game released, my brother and i practiced on botzone (playing multiplayer offline with computer players). i first set the difficulty to the easiest setting, then as i would get better and better, i increased the difficulty, until i got really really good against the hardest difficulty. then i moved on to the online multi, and was pretty darn good.

i would suggest you make the deadzone for the aim very small, and turn on the camera assist (that puts a yellow box around the enemy, and helps keep them in the center of the screen, so you arent trying to shoot them while they are in the corner of the screen). i used many classes, like medic and engineer for a long time, and did quite good with them. but then i wanted to try something new, SNIPING. sniping is soooo easy (with camera assist on). my kiil/death skyrocketed when i became a sniper.

also you could practice by playing the campaign. 

side note: i really liked playing inFAMOUS with move, it was great

d21lewis said:
Slimebeast said:

When you really think about it, aren't we all Halogamer1989?

Really?

osamanobama said:
Slimebeast said:
osamanobama said:
Slimebeast said:
osamanobama said:

no im obama-chngweneed

hut i will say it took a little practice. when the beta came out a month before the game released, my brother and i practiced on botzone (playing multiplayer offline with computer players). i first set the difficulty to the easiest setting, then as i would get better and better, i increased the difficulty, until i got really really good against the hardest difficulty. then i moved on to the online multi, and was pretty darn good.

i would suggest you make the deadzone for the aim very small, and turn on the camera assist (that puts a yellow box around the enemy, and helps keep them in the center of the screen, so you arent trying to shoot them while they are in the corner of the screen). i used many classes, like medic and engineer for a long time, and did quite good with them. but then i wanted to try something new, SNIPING. sniping is soooo easy (with camera assist on). my kiil/death skyrocketed when i became a sniper.

also you could practice by playing the campaign. 

side note: i really liked playing inFAMOUS with move, it was great

Practice? Okay, I think Move doesn't sound quite as attractive anymore.

Great thread - Very interesting