By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect Vs. Move: One Year Later

Also kinect supports all players, where move, you would have to buy atleast 4 controllers for all players. So in reality I think the move sales are worse then they seem. Sorry just my thought.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
osamanobama said:
Slimebeast said:
Damnyouall said:

What's the point of this thread? Move has serious (=non-casual) games like GoldenEye 007:Reloaded, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis & Deadstorm Pirates, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Dead Space Extraction HD, MAG, Socom 4, The Sly Collection, Little Big Planet 2, and many many more. Upcoming: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection.

Kinect has none of these, but instead there is stuff like Kinectimals and dancing games. So if you are a core gamer, what's there to discuss?

Good point.

But do we even have members here on VGC who use Move with their Move-supported core games? I don't think I've ever heard of somebody who does so regularly. Honestly I think they all prefer to use the DualShock in games like Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, MAG and Sockom 4.

i never play killzone,, MAG or SOCOM without the Move. its vastly supperior to the DS3

Even Killzone? I am suspicous. I'd love to hear inputs from other Move owners.

Move does work well in those games.  I actually still prefer DS3 but I've played Move enough with them to known that it works.  Take it with a pinch of salt as it's only my experience but there did seem to be plenty of Move based players online.  I'd warrant there is a decent, Move centric base for these titles now.

I haven't tried it but I also gather inFamous 2 plays  alot better with Move too.  I'll have to boot it up and see how it feels.

TBH I do get the impression Move has made more impact for core games that support it in addition to DS3 (I don't mean support it a little like Forza or GT5 using the Eye but full gameplay properly implemented) more than Move specific titles.  I've probably used it more with LBP2, Killzone and the like than stuff like Sports Champions.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Slimebeast said:
osamanobama said:
Slimebeast said:
Damnyouall said:

What's the point of this thread? Move has serious (=non-casual) games like GoldenEye 007:Reloaded, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, Time Crisis & Deadstorm Pirates, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Dead Space Extraction HD, MAG, Socom 4, The Sly Collection, Little Big Planet 2, and many many more. Upcoming: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Selection.

Kinect has none of these, but instead there is stuff like Kinectimals and dancing games. So if you are a core gamer, what's there to discuss?

Good point.

But do we even have members here on VGC who use Move with their Move-supported core games? I don't think I've ever heard of somebody who does so regularly. Honestly I think they all prefer to use the DualShock in games like Killzone 3, Heavy Rain, MAG and Sockom 4.

i never play killzone,, MAG or SOCOM without the Move. its vastly supperior to the DS3

Even Killzone? I am suspicous. I'd love to hear inputs from other Move owners.

Love the move but I will forever first and foremost be a DS3 gamer. Move works perfectly with MAG and Socom 4 but (didn't try them with Killzone 3) but there are some games that just scream "controller" to me. though with that said? There are games that are much better with move even when you have an option.

Flight Control HD and Under Siege comes to mind.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Nothing like the smell of stuck up elitists labelling stuff as shit just because it appeals to casuals.

I am what you'd call a "hardcore" gamer, doesn't stop me enjoying Kinect, get out of the shell for once.

I don't really see the purpose of this thread, but the comments are entertaining nonetheless!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

This is the list from Metacritic of all quality reviewed Kinect and Move titles. Required games only offcourse.

360 Dedicated Kinect Games
AA (2)= Dance Central, Dance Central 2
A (10) = The Gunstringer, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals, Kinectimals With Bears, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved,Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, Sesame Street: OUAM, Kinect Disneyland Adventures , UFC Personal Trainer, Fruit Ninja Kinect

PS3 Dedicated Move Games
AA =
A (5) = Sports Champions, House of The Dead Overkill, No More Heroes Hereos Paradise, Eyepet Move Edition, Tumble

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
This is the list from Metacritic of all quality reviewed Kinect and Move titles. Required games only offcourse.

A (10) = The Gunstringer, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals, Kinectimals With Bears, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved,Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, Sesame Street: OUAM, Kinect Disneyland Adventures , UFC Personal Trainer, Fruit Ninja Kinect

PS3 Dedicated Move Games
AA =
A (5) = Sports Champions, House of The Dead Overkill, No More Heroes Hereos Paradise, Eyepet Move Edition, Tumble

Perfect example why looking at it this way is idiotic.
A) "Required games only". Why? Makes no sense. Instead look at ALL available games that support Kinect/Move, of course.
B) Who cares if Kinectimals or Sesame Street got high review scores? Do two Kinectimals equal one game like Killzone 3? Oh, they don't? So comparing scores doesn't really help anyone decide which system to purchase, unless you compare games from the same genre (of which in the case of Killzone 3 Kinect simply has none)? Glad you understand this now.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

The Copying argument again? Isn't it overused by now?

Yeah, we all know Move is a copy of the Wiimote, but so is Kinect of Eyetoy. Both aren't very revolutionary or innovative.
However, that doesn't change the fact that they're doing just fine, which was unexpected. Most people believed both will fail, that both could do fine wasn't even considered by many, and that's what's really sad.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

If Kinect is a ripoff of the PS Eye and Sony had the Move before Nintendo made the Wii Remote then what does that say about Sony? They don't know how to make their own ideas successful?

Damnyouall said:
sales2099 said:

PS3 Dedicated Move Games
AA =

Perfect example why looking at it this way is idiotic.
A) "Required games only". Why? Makes no sense. Instead look at ALL available games that support Kinect/Move, of course.
B) Who cares if Kinectimals or Sesame Street got high review scores? Do two Kinectimals equal one game like Killzone 3? Oh, they don't? So comparing scores doesn't really help anyone decide which system to purchase, unless you compare games from the same genre (of which in the case of Killzone 3 Kinect simply has none)? Glad you understand this now.

Required games only shows how well they are doing on their own merits. Thats why its important to see that in this context. Optional games are (mostly on Sony's part) an unsuccessful way to woo the hardcore gamer, a demographic that plays these games with gamepads 99 times out of 100. 

Well sir some of the Kinect games with high review scores may not appeal to us, but they sure do appeal to casuals. Kids, and parents who want to play with their kids. To them, those games are more interesting then games like Killzone 3. Again, dont know why you mention KZ3 as its played almost exclusively with a dualshock 3. 

Its your closed minded elitist mindset that refuses to acknowledge that theres more to the 360 userbase now then just core gamers. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

spaceguy said:
Also kinect supports all players, where move, you would have to buy atleast 4 controllers for all players. So in reality I think the move sales are worse then they seem. Sorry just my thought.

true