By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 75 years in prison for videotaping law enforcement....

What about video taping whislt flying over land...Does that not, in a way, interfere with one's right to privacy?

Around the Network
Millenium said:

I'm sorry, but:

The entire concept of police laws & departments needs to be heavily reviewed and edited worldwide, things like this are absolutely ridiculous.

Cops are way too often given free leash to employ unnecesarry police brutality against people who've done nothing wrong, and now taping that is illegal?!

If they send this man to jail for any amount of time, even if it's 6 months, well that'd just be criminal.

^ 100% signed and quoted for truth.

The entire story sounds pretty absurd to me.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

So Kasz216 a question in this case for what you believe and what you stand for. Can you honestly say that this guy deserves a 75 years prison sentence?

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
So Kasz216 a question in this case for what you believe and what you stand for. Can you honestly say that this guy deserves a 75 years prison sentence?

I'm going to guess your either not from the US are almost completely ignorant about the US legal system.

Nearly every crime in the US Legal system has an extreme end of the spectrum reserved for cases that are particularly malicious.

So to assume he'd get the maxium which is usually only reserved for egregious repeat offenders or other super harsh circumstances is ridiculious.

Even more ridiculious is to assume that the counts would run consecutivly vs concurrently.

Concurrent sentences are FAR more common.   Espiecally in cases where it's multiple counts within the same crime.  In fact I can't find anything under Illnois sentencing laws that would allow for him to have consecutive sentences.

http://ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=073000050K5-8-4

Hence the "he might face 75 years in jail" tagline isn't realistic it's really in general complete BS made up to sell a news story by giving it a good hook. 

General rule of thumb?  The News, ESPIECALLY local news exagerates and stretches the shit out everything to make it sound worse then it is... because nobody watches the news unless you give them a good reason.  It's also why things like sexting, and Jelly bracelts for sex are GREATLY exaggerated.

In truth, if the case wasn't thrown out, he was probably looking at 2 years maxium, which is about what you would get for committing the same crime vs a regular person.

Kasz216 said:
SnakeDrake said:

I'm going to guess your either not from the US are almost completely ignorant about the US legal system.

Nearly every crime in the US Legal system has an extreme end of the spectrum reserved for cases that are particularly malicious.

So to assume he'd get the maxium which is usually only reserved for egregious repeat offenders or other super harsh circumstances is ridiculious.

Even more ridiculious is to assume that the counts would run consecutivly vs concurrently.

Concurrent sentences are FAR more common.   Espiecally in cases where it's multiple counts within the same crime.  In fact I can't find anything under Illnois sentencing laws that would allow for him to have consecutive sentences.

Hence the "he might face 75 years in jail" tagline isn't realistic it's really in general complete BS made up to sell a news story by giving it a good hook. 

General rule of thumb?  The News, ESPIECALLY local news exagerates and stretches the shit out everything to make it sound worse then it is... because nobody watches the news unless you give them a good reason.  It's also why things like sexting, and Jelly bracelts for sex are GREATLY exaggerated.

In truth, if the case wasn't thrown out, he was probably looking at 2 years maxium, which is about what you would get for committing the same crime vs a regular person.

I will answer for him. He always is for this type of treatment or actions. He goes on to act like two years of someone's life is nothing for video taping. It is totally clear your morals are f'ed up. Sorry Kasz216 but you should have been born in germany many years ago. Peace be with you. Hopefully i don't get band but you seem to agree with a police state and all sorts of f'ed up stuff.

this type of view reminds me of old white bigots. I'm white so no need tell me I already now. Those type of people are a embarrassment to everyone.

Around the Network

that is just not right. This should not be a law at all. No fine, no nothing.

Kasz216 said:
SnakeDrake said:

This guy is really agreeing with this. Well with a picture of him standing there, arms folded and looks to be a smug look on his face, who wouldn't expect that. I know a guy like that, One of the most selfish, hard headed, self serving person I know.

So again, you too are totally missing where this is the SAME amount of time you would get for illegally audiotaping ANY regular citizen.

Apparently your a nazi for thinking it's not completely unreasonable for the police to have the same rights as a normal citizen. (Note, I don't actually agree with the law, I just think the cries of OMG Police state are COMPLETE bullshit and that treating law enforcement like people isn't a ridiculous concept.)

It's really sad you have to resort to such comparisons and strawman arguements without bothering to explain or acknowledge that the same laws are used to PROTECT citizens and that it literally is no different then anything else.

Additionally, 2 years is what you would get for a LOT of little crimes that are pretty harmless if you get a max system.

You can complain about the legal system as  a whole, but that' s just the legal system.

Calling someone a Nazi, for noting that a stupid law has reasons to exist and is DIRECTLY in line with the civilian version of the law is far from nazism.  It's called being realistic and not prone to ridiculious hyperbole.

spaceguy said:
Kasz216 said:
SnakeDrake said:

I will answer for him. He always is for this type of treatment or actions. He goes on to act like two years of someone's life is nothing for video taping. It is totally clear your morals are f'ed up. Sorry Kasz216 but you should have been born in germany many years ago. Peace be with you. Hopefully i don't get band but you seem to agree with a police state and all sorts of f'ed up stuff.

this type of view reminds me of old white bigots. I'm white so no need tell me I already now. Those type of people are a embarrassment to everyone.

THIS times a million

lol seriously, i read this whole thread and i just dont understand why this kasz character is so down on freedom in favor of kind of police state. lol. some values. whenever i see that stupid avatar around here, thats exactly what im going to think too. lol

and watch him try to take some measure to report me or get me banned for saying something that can be used against me. lol. because he believes in AUTHORITY!!!!!!!!!!!