By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year 2011 - Elimination Game (The Witcher 2 Wins!)

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:

I'm very angry at all the Uncharted hate. Skyrim deserved to be eliminated, Mass Effect 2 is a port of an old game and Forza 4 is a racing game. Nothing surprising about them being eliminated really and then all of you have to gang up on Uncharted 3. For shame, for shame.

Mass Effect 2 isn't a port, it's a remake. Mass Effect 2 on PS3 uses the ME3 engine, it's the same game, but on a different engine. Also ME2 is probably the best game made last year. -Just like Skyrim is on a new engine, right? It's commercial talk by Bioware, Mass Effect 3 will run on the same engine but with some enhancements. Mass Effect 2 PS3 isn't a remake, it's a port, just like Oblivion, Bioshock etc. on PS3.

Forza 4 is arguably the best racing sim this gen (It's the funnest at least as told by it's strong review scores). - Racing games never get much love imo. Only GT games can manage a bit of recognition in voting such as this one.

Skyrim is only buggy on PS3, I've played it on PC and 360 and have not run into anywhere nearly as many bugs. It's a AAA game, when you make a game with an overworld that expansive, there will be some bugs. Didn't deserve to die. - Skyrim is buggy on all platforms but the PS3 version is broken for many. We all know more people game on PS3 than 360 and PC on here so it's not surprising to see it go. All of the games on the list are AAA games anyway, it's not like it being eliminated says it's among the worst games this year now, is it?

What about Gears of War 3? That's one of the best games this year, and it has great multiplayer. - I didn't follow how it got eliminated. Wasn't it just one or two guys constantly downvoting it?

Too much hate all over, and to be fair, if UC3 was 1 + vote ahead at that critical time, it would still be near the top. It got lots of + votes after, enough to keep it alive. - I just hope the hate won't result in some iPhone game winning.

Mass Effect 2 for PS2 is a different game built from the ground up. It's not a port, it uses a different engine. It's like saying cars in Forza 2 are ported to Forza 4, they aren't, most car models in Forza 2 were scrapped and remade (same story with GT, but many standard cars are just ports).

Forza - Racing games might not get much love, but they shouldn't get so much hate. Forza is of similar quality to GT.

Skyrim still deserves more recognition. It's not often we see an 80 hour RPG of good wuality come out. Can't argue too much for this though, I'm a Fallout man.

Gears 3 got hate just like Uncharted 3 and Halo 4 in the Anticipated games thread.

Hate for iPhone too, Infinity Blade was one of the first to go.

Millenium said:
Haha, I have to do so many edits I'm getting confused, so next time 1+ and 3 -?

Sorry pezus, don't go jackie chan on us!

----> Yup

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Keep forgetting to vote myself....

+ Pushmo (Game by the makers of Fire Emblem and Advance Wars)
- Monster Burner

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

+ Rayman
- Batman

+Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
-The Witcher 2

@ Pezus: Lol!

@ Seece: Honest question, what is the specific reason you don't like The Witcher?

@ M5, Ok, thanks.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
dsage01 said:
WTF stupid hater eliminating Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3. And how the hell is DC2 above UC3!

Because it's superior.

I have to agree with this. I get to watch my girlfriend shake her ass in Dance Central 2. As fun as Uncharted 3 is, booty >>.....well digital booty (Drakes treasure and digital booty).

Booty of the year vs. Michael-5 girlfriend's booty? I'll take booty of the year

Damn straight....that's my booty to discover.

+ The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Battlefield 3

+ Uncharted 3
- Batman: Arkham City

Millenium said:
@ Pezus: Lol!

@ Seece: Honest question, what is the specific reason you don't like The Witcher?

@ M5, Ok, thanks.

It's at the top of the list

SO it is, changed my vote to Batman!