By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian Canceled UPDATE: according to Gamestop, but Sony disagrees

Glad to hear gamestop messed up.

Around the Network

Confirmed Last Guardian wont make a 2012 release

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Gamestop, huh, ... more like Lamestop

sales2099 said:

Read a few posts up.

LOL WTF GameStop? Thank God the game isn't canned.

Around the Network

lol Gamestop

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:

confirmed you didn't read the replies

Regardless of their errors, there hasn't been a single trailer or gameplay footage since E3 2010? Plus news trickles in of how the game has been stalled. 

Unless a release date is set in the next few months, it looks doubtful. 

Machina said:
Boy am I glad I only just saw this.

Would have been a silly avatar if true...

ChristianTheAtheist said:
I'd say gamestop is sick of the game being delayed and wants to ask people who preordered to buy another game instead, then when the launch date gets near, people will preorder and buy The Last Guardian anyway.

This sounds like the most realistic solution.

Gamestop had all this money tied up in a preorder. They wanted people to spend that money, so got them to come into the store, gave them a refund, and likely did it to bring people in and spend the money. That way they buy a new game they weren't planning on buying and also buy last guardian again.

Makes sense, well done Christian

kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
It's been a half a decade. What the hell happened? Was the PS3 too complex for the team?

it was mid 2008 when they started I believe...

If it was mid 2008 this statement looks really weird, a statement that made people expect it to release in 2009:

In the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine (Issue 21, August 08), during an interview, Shuhei Yoshida, the new President of SCE Worlwide Studios briefly mentions Fumito Ueda and his team:

Quote:
It took four years and the second game took four years too. So I started calling them the 'Olympic Team.' They haven't released a PS3 title yet - of course not - they'll take four years! But they have something really, really good on the way."
I suppose most of the devs, as part of Japan Studios, had been working on PSP and PSN games.