By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian Canceled UPDATE: according to Gamestop, but Sony disagrees

kowenicki said:
Christhor said:
kowenicki said:
Jay520 said:
It's been a half a decade. What the hell happened? Was the PS3 too complex for the team?

it was mid 2008 when they started I believe...

What did they do the two years between SotC and that?

had a think...

Doesn't that count as planing?

Around the Network

for fuck sake man.  I've been looking forward to this game for years.  If this is true, It'll be a sad day

'Splains it all;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEfmC6HRF4

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Apparently Sony is saying that it isn't true.  I didn't read the entire thread so idk if someone already posted it.

Sony, however, had made a claim that Fumito Ueda's leaving would in no way affect the development of the game. GameStop have removed the game from the company's website, despite Sony's senior director, Patrick Seybold, claiming the cancellation is not true. So, what's the score here!?

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/games/is-the-last-guardian-cancelled

what is this f*ckery!

Around the Network

I'd say gamestop is sick of the game being delayed and wants to ask people who preordered to buy another game instead, then when the launch date gets near, people will preorder and buy The Last Guardian anyway.

I had this fear when Ueda left.....the game not having a release date, and people leaving....I am still not convinced the game will release and it is my most anticipated game for a whole year now.

I am going to keep my expectations severely low so as to not get disappointed. I don't expect the game to ever release. Sad if that were the case though.

GameStop has confirmed to IGN that Last Guardian is not canceled and the automated calls were made in error.

KillerMan said:

GameStop has confirmed to IGN that Last Guardian is not canceled and the automated calls were made in error.

buhahahhaha i mean who the EF makes such calls in 'error'? either way LOL

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Wow. Gamestop messed up big time.