By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Guns/Weapons in Shooter Games?

MontanaHatchet said:
Marks said:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, one of my favourite fictional guns is the Hailstorm from Resistance. Bullets riccochet off of all surfaces until they find their way into some Chimera scum! Plus the secondary function of firing the entire clip into a room and it acting as a turret is pretty fucking sweet! Only bad thing was it was so damn hard to find ammo for it. 

Looks kinda stupid too now that I see it again, but who cares its so awesome.

The Resistance series had some awesome weapons. You really saw a lot of Insomniac's creativity (particularly with Ratchet & Clank) come out in the Resistance games.

I agree with you there, Insomniac is a very creative company. I love all the clever guns they make. I also love the Bullseye for its secondary function of tagging an opponent and then you can light him up and every bullet hits him! 

And yeah the Dragon sniper from Uncharted is awesome! 

Around the Network

Oh yeah and I just thought of a couple guns from No One Lives Forever (one of my fav games of all time) that I love. These are all from NoLF:

1. The Balacov Corrector (Thompson Contender in real life) - Sorry its such a small picture, best I could find. 2nd pic is it in real life

2. Gordon 9mm SMG (Sterling Mk. IV in real life) - I couldn't find a pic of the game version but here's the real life gun its based off of

3. SVD Dragunov - Best sniper in the game, makes such a loud awesome noise and is super powerful. Here's a game pic and then the gun IRL

No One Lives Forever is an amazing game! Won lots of awards for the PC version when it came out. PS2 port was way worse but I still loved it. 

Those are some awesome looking guns. The Dragunov was a great gun in COD4 too.

Marks said:
Solid-Stark said:
The Auger. Resistance games.

Yeah Auger was a beast, I forgot about that beauty. 

Indeed!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

killzone 2 sta14

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Those are some awesome looking guns. The Dragunov was a great gun in COD4 too.

Dragunov was really strange in CoD4, it was really inconsistent in terms of getting one hit kills. Looked great though!

The Rhyno 6 from R&C: ACiT was pretty fun.

In terms of more realistic shooters, I usually like good range and relatively good accuracy.

mantlepiecek said:

Mine is the Gewehr 43 from Medal of Honor Airborne and Call of Duty World at War.

It looks something like this in both the games. Sometimes without the sights.

Sweet looking gun. I'm a Mauser K98 fanboy but this looks good too. Sort of looks like the Russian SKS. 

Killzone 2 M4

lol I always liked the M1 and the Mp40 from WW2 games.