By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - (OFFICIAL) The Dark Knight Rises Thread (Rebooted)

Since there's a lot of hype, photos, and filming footage of arguably the highest anticipated 3rd Installment movie ever, this shall be the haven for any and all new Dark Knight Rises stuff and info. If u find something with spoilers please notify before posting. Here's some of the official stuff so far:

This thread will be updated daily to keep up with the latest news and updates of The Dark Knight Rises.

(Old Orginal TDKR Thread) http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=131270&page=1

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Basic Info about the movie So far:

Director Chris Nolan has stated this will be the last Batman movie he does (despite the now planned Batman reboot planned for 2015). The main cast will return with Batman, Commissioner Gordon, and Alfred. Whether or Not Morgan Freeman will reprise his role as Lucius Fox is unknown, considering he quit assisting Batman in The Dark Knight. The main villain is Bane, a chemically and physically altered antagonist whose place and reasoning in the plot is unknown. The character of the Joker has been confirmed to not return. New characters are Selena Kyle, who although is the identity of Catwoman to be played by Anne Hathaway, whether or not she will be referred to Catwoman and not just Selena Kyle is unknown. It is rumored that Liam Neeson will return as Ra's Al Ghul, considering he is portrayed as dead in the first film, though a younger version of Al Ghul will be shown in some flashback and premise sequences. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard join the cast as John Blake and Miranda Tate. Heavily dismissed villains include: The Penguin, The Riddler, Clay Face, Poison Ivy, and Two-Face, who was confirmed by both Aaron Eckhart and Nolan to be dead. Robin will also not appear in this film as confirmed by Nolan, who stated that if he were to have appeared, it would've been by now. As with the previous film, many scenes will be filmed in the IMAX format, which offers large, grand and sharper visuals. The film will not be released in 3D, despite several deliberations between Nolan and Warner Bros. The film has a quarter-Billion dollar budget.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Premise:

Following the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman assumes responsibility for Dent's crimes in order to protect his reputation and is subsequently hunted by the Gotham City Police Department. Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Batman must return to face the villain Bane, who seeks to destroy Gotham, and discover the truth regarding the "enigmatic" Selina Kyle

Lead Cast:

Cast

Tom Hardy ...
Anne Hathaway ...
Christian Bale ...
Joseph Gordon-Levitt ...
Gary Oldman ...
Cillian Murphy ...
Marion Cotillard ...
Morgan Freeman ...
Juno Temple    
Michael Caine ...
Daniel Sunjata  
Joey King  
Matthew Modine ...
Josh Pence ...
Nestor Carbonell ...

Development/Production:

Warner Bros. president of production Jeff Robinov had hoped a third film would be released in 2011 or 2012.Nolan wanted the story for the third installment to keep him emotionally invested. "On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question," he reasoned, "how many good third movies in a franchise can people name?" He returned out of finding a necessary way to continue the story, but feared midway through filming he would find a sequel redundant. By December 2008, Nolan completed a rough story outline, before he committed himself to Inception. Later in December, Alan F. Horn confirmed that while discussions with Nolan about a third film were ongoing, no casting had been done, and Horn denied all such rumors. Before Nolan confirmed his involvement, Oldman had said he was confident Nolan would return. It was not until February 9, 2010 that it was announced Nolan had "cracked" the story of a sequel to The Dark Knight and was committed to return to the project. Shortly afterward, it was announced David S. Goyer and Jonathan Nolan were working on a screenplay. Goyer would leave the project during pre-production to begin work on Man of Steel; Jonathan continued writing the script based on the story by his brother Chris and Goyer.

Nolan also confirmed the Joker would not return in the third film, and dismissed rumors that he considered using unused footage of Heath Ledger from The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises will reunite Nolan with many of his past collaborators, such as Cinematographer Wally Pfister, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Lee Smith, costume designer Lindy Hemming, special effects supervisors Paul Franklin and Chris Corbould, and composer Hans Zimmer.

Nolans own words:

(Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story. And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story [...] I'm very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we've done with the characters. My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these things don't go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, which sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we're telling. And it hearkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories.)

(Christopher Nolan, confirming his involvement in The Dark Knight Rises)

Official Posters/Teasers

Links:

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/

http://www.facebook.com/thedarkknightrises

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Rises

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=batman3.htm

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Tom Hardy will dominate this movie.

At least his badass back breaking character should.

Awesome thread BTW.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

*fap fap fap*

Extremely excited for this new Batman movie.

Also glad Joker won't be returning, don't get me wrong, he was the best thing of the two movies, but getting a new actor for the role Heath perfected (imo) would be a disgrace.

Millenium said:
*fap fap fap*

Extremely excited for this new Batman movie.

Also glad Joker won't be returning, don't get me wrong, he was the best thing of the two movies, but getting a new actor for the role Heath perfected (imo) would be a disgrace.

I agree with you completely and I'm guessing that's why they didn't bring him back.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Batman and Prometheus are my most anticipated movies next year!