By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII-2 getting negative reactions from people that have played 20-40 hours of the game.

darth just posted it on Gamefaqs.

Around the Network
Galvanizer said:
bevochan said:
BasilZero said:
So its a personal opinion of one player?

Doubt its gonna affect sales or the scoring from several other groups or people.

Also the whole not getting into houses thing, it isnt new, it first started (from what I can remember) Xenosaga Episode 2.

Surprised he didnt mention anything about healing hp automatically after a battle and lack of MP. I find that to be a complete game changer on XIII compared to the other games in the series. SE is trying to differentiate XIII from the other games and their trying too hard imo.

Fanboy trolling is never going to affect sales.  If the general public cared about what fanboy or the internet gaming community thought, then you would think Modern Warfare 3 wouldn't sell a lot.  Despite pretty much pan-negative internet buzz and trolling, sale of MW3 is unaffected AND despite all the negativity, MW3 is on pace to outsell Black Ops and be the best selling game ever.

Why would the public care about what hardcore gamers feel about Call of Duty?

The game has stunning, realistic graphics and realistic war situations. People need to remember that mainstream gamers are graphics whores rather than love different art styles. Say what you want about Call of Duty, but the game does realistic war gameplay very well. That's how it became popular. The realism in its graphics and war situations and online multiplayer spread via word of mouth amongst the mainstream. The same thing happened with Monster Hunter in Japan.

Regenerating health isn't part of a realistic war situation. 

Boutros said:

After looking at more threads on 2ch, Darth is posting this on their too. He is making up information on 2ch then spreading it to gamefaqs claiming 2ch as the source. I don't understand though, he used to fiercely defend FFXIII but isn't giving the sequel a chance?

Still buying the game. I need my JRPG fix.

Realy ppl for fks sake get a freaking life and stop the blind pointless hattred towards FF XIII and XIII-2. You dont like Square, the game or the series dont buy XIII-2, now can you plz stop posting threads and coments to try and badmouth the game every 5 seconds ?

Around the Network

I'm not the biggest FF13 fan in the world, but i'm going to wait for it to come out and see what people have to say before i make a decision. this time next week we will know the truth.

and i lol'd at Rydega and Cid, i thought they died in FF13. besides can it really be worst than FF13??

and i think its hillarious the same person who used to lobby this game as the future of gaming now troll it relenlessly. this is way past damage control, its insane the level of hate it gets from that OP.

Marteds said:
Galvanizer said:
bevochan said:
BasilZero said:
So its a personal opinion of one player?

Doubt its gonna affect sales or the scoring from several other groups or people.

Also the whole not getting into houses thing, it isnt new, it first started (from what I can remember) Xenosaga Episode 2.

Surprised he didnt mention anything about healing hp automatically after a battle and lack of MP. I find that to be a complete game changer on XIII compared to the other games in the series. SE is trying to differentiate XIII from the other games and their trying too hard imo.

Fanboy trolling is never going to affect sales.  If the general public cared about what fanboy or the internet gaming community thought, then you would think Modern Warfare 3 wouldn't sell a lot.  Despite pretty much pan-negative internet buzz and trolling, sale of MW3 is unaffected AND despite all the negativity, MW3 is on pace to outsell Black Ops and be the best selling game ever.

Why would the public care about what hardcore gamers feel about Call of Duty?

The game has stunning, realistic graphics and realistic war situations. People need to remember that mainstream gamers are graphics whores rather than love different art styles. Say what you want about Call of Duty, but the game does realistic war gameplay very well. That's how it became popular. The realism in its graphics and war situations and online multiplayer spread via word of mouth amongst the mainstream. The same thing happened with Monster Hunter in Japan.

Regenerating health isn't part of a realistic war situation. 

Key word is "situation". We're not talking about how the player is affected by health meters and the controls. We're talking about the situation on the battlefield and how you have to adapt your tactics and use your support members to your benefit. Besides, it's possible to play Call of Duty with one shot deaths.

BasilZero said:
How did we go from FFXIII-2 to CoD! XD

Either ways people are gonna bash japanese made games because the norm now is western games revolutionizing the gaming industry (i.e. Skyrim, MW3, Gears of War, Halo, etc).

I still feel Japanese games can leave an impact. I have high hopes for FFXV if Hiroyuki Ito is directing it.

Rob-Ot said:
Boutros said:

After looking at more threads on 2ch, Darth is posting this on their too. He is making up information on 2ch then spreading it to gamefaqs claiming 2ch as the source. I don't understand though, he used to fiercely defend FFXIII but isn't giving the sequel a chance?

darth is on an epic quest right now.

He speaks ill about FFXIII-2 so that people expect something bad. That way people's expectations are lowered and they can't be disappointed anymore.

Boutros said:
Rob-Ot said:
Boutros said:

darth is on an epic quest right now.

He speaks ill about FFXIII-2 so that people expect something bad. That way people's expectations are lowered and they can't be disappointed anymore.

More like he is a big kid , a few words can change his opinion 180 degree <_<